Space magic was the most disapointing part of the demo

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, June 17, 2013, 11:48 (3959 days ago) @ electricpirate

I actually have been thinking about this in relation to grenades from Halo and I think I prefer the cooldown, but I think it needs a steeper cooldown. The reason I prefer the cooldown in Destiny is because the environments are so vast. In Halo I sometimes found myself (mostly in some of the flood levels) reserving my grenades because I was not finding very many, and would not use them because I was afraid to be without one when I needed it. This actually was good in a lot of ways in Halo, but in Destiny with the huge environments I think cooldown combined with a possible magic meter could actually make more sense.

Despite that little tangent I do agree that I hope there is more variety in magic in the final game. Partly I think we saw the more flashy magic in the gameplay demo for purposes of time, hopefully we will see some really awesome stuff in the final game (and future gameplay features).

Also one small note: being able to drop a grenade at your feet without taking damage would be pretty awesome!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread