Loved it.

by jazo, Tuesday, June 18, 2013, 07:03 (3937 days ago) @ Cold

Refreshing storytelling and great acting. It's been awhile since I saw it in the theater but I remember walking out feeling satisfied.

Whether or not you believe in the incarnation/karma of a "soul" or what not, I think the message that actions carry on longer than the life that created them is one that most people don't have a frame of reference for. This movie embedded that concept in a fun and interesting manner.

The futuristic stuff left me wanting to know more about that time period and especially the over-sized Korean locales seemed like an entire movie could have been based in that setting alone.

Overall, good on them for taking chances with ideas that some people may not get the first time around! So often it seems like a movie has to cater down to the level of simplicity so that it doesn't confuse anyone. This is boring cinema to me and I know I do not represent the whole but hell... artists like the Wachowski's do not compromise on their vision and for that they deserve to be commended.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread