Firewatch. (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, February 11, 2016, 20:46 (3004 days ago)

Anyone here playing it? I saw at least one other person mention it in Cody's Destiny Detox thread.

I really, really enjoyed it. Keep in mind that I'm a huge fan of the "walking simulator" genre (Gone Home is next on my list). I loved LiS and Oxenfree. Firewatch is pretty similar to Oxenfree, I feel like. It largely just revolves around you walking around in a national park, talking to someone over a handheld radio. I wouldn't say that it's particularly deep, but the story is interesting, and I really liked Delilah (the person you're talking to). I really like that the game just gives you a traditional map and compass to get around. You're position is always marked on the map by default, but the first thing I did was turn that off in the options menu. I wish it would have gone farther with that. As it is, it's neat, and the area feels larger than it actually is, but you can definitely see the boundaries of the area pretty clearly.

Overall, it was a fun little experience. It took me a bit over four hours. I did a moderate amount of exploring, but I didn't roam all over the place either, so your time will vary.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread