Much as it pains me to say it... (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Friday, February 19, 2016, 17:29 (3040 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

It's good, but if you miss a crit shot it's no better than anything else. Other than golgoroth, where I really should use mine, I'm almost always better off with my triple tap 1000 yard stare.

I love love LOVE my Black Spindle. I love the way it looks and sounds. I love the insane wrath-of-God level of damage it deals when you get on a roll of crits. I infused mine up to 320 specifically to shred Golgoroth as quickly as possible. But you're absolutely right. There are so few scenarios in Destiny where Black Spindle stands out as the best sniper to use, especially given the cost of an exotic slot. I've got a 320 Eirene RR4 with Luck in the Chamber and a 318 1000 Yard Stare with Tripple Tap, both of which hit almost as hard as the Spindle while handling better with larger clips. Plus they free me up to use my 320 Sleeper Simulant or 320 Gjallar-Sword, both of which do even more damage than a Spindle in most situations.

I tried to use my Black Spindle last night during a couple of (failed) Black Spindle runs. (I wanted the ship. ;) )

I totally agree with you - it was a mistake.

Black Spindle is CRITICAL for Warpriest/Golgoroth. Touch of Malice is CRITICAL for Sisters/Oryx. Both guns are close to useless for all other parts of Destiny. However, even with such limited use... both guns are among my most prized Destiny possessions. ;)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread