Played it for 20 minutes, lost interest. (Gaming)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, February 22, 2016, 00:19 (2994 days ago) @ Speedracer513

So 20 minutes really isn't enough time to judge a game, especially a game as big and complex as The Devision. But what I do expect from the first 20 minutes of a game is for it to give me something, anything, to latch on to. The Devision didn't do that. The intro did nothing to make me care about the characters or what was going on. The game then leaves you to wander the streets while trying to decipher the cluttered mess that is the game's UI. The map is filled with icons that don't mean anything to the player (yet), some of which you can interact with in equally meaningless ways. Some people on the streets are bad guys, while others are friendly. I know this because my reticle turns red when I target some of them... that's the only reason I know I'm supposed to shoot certain people. The shooting itself feels mediocre. I was bored of the combat half way through my first gun fight. After walking down bland looking streets for a few blocks, I found a ladder which led me into a bland looking sewer. Walked around down there for a while, but there was absolutely nothing to do or see. Went above ground again, and realized I was too bored to even make it to my first waypoint.

I'm gonna try it again later, but as far as first impressions go, I don't have many positive things to say.

I did like the music, though.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread