Trials Lighthouse Run - Exodus Blue [Video] (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, February 22, 2016, 00:45 (3045 days ago)

Had a great Trials run with Ottermack and Thee Chaos last night. Lots of fun, intense matches. I recorded most of the games and stuck them together. Figured I'd post it here in case anyone wants to check it out.

Time stamps for each match are in the video description.

Speaking of Trials

by Oholiab @, Monday, February 22, 2016, 02:52 (3045 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Thanks to Squid and his buddy for taking Junior to an 8-1 record yesterday! Didn't quite get to the Lighthouse, but he really enjoyed the experience.

He will have to watch this video and get some pointers.

Speaking of Trials

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, February 22, 2016, 13:25 (3045 days ago) @ Oholiab

Thanks to Squid and his buddy for taking Junior to an 8-1 record yesterday! Didn't quite get to the Lighthouse, but he really enjoyed the experience.

An 8-1 Trials ticket has got to be one of my favorite moments in gaming. It feels like such a crushing defeat, but at the exact same time I get this rush from getting so close. It makes me want to jump right back in immediately :)

He will have to watch this video and get some pointers.

I wish I had time to record some commentary to go along with the video for that exact reason. I thought about recording our party chat along with the gameplay, but I doubt that would have helped. When Thee Chaos, Ottermack and I play together we usually talk about just about anything other than the match currently in progress. The few times we tried to actually communicate about strategy blew up in our faces...

* Ottermack: "I'll go high heavy, you too go low".

* Thee Chaos and CruelLEGACEY both rush high heavy*

* Ottermack: "sigh"

Now that I think about it, it would probably be great from an entertainment point of view. Not so much for educational purposes lol

Speaking of Trials

by squidnh3, Monday, February 22, 2016, 14:56 (3045 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

An 8-1 Trials ticket has got to be one of my favorite moments in gaming. It feels like such a crushing defeat, but at the exact same time I get this rush from getting so close. It makes me want to jump right back in immediately :)

That's not quite what happened. We got to 7-0 w/ Mercy intact, but then lost our next two, and won one more. So we didn't have a "game for the Lighthouse" unfortunately. Still had a good time, and I think everyone learned some things.

Our Night of Trials

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, February 22, 2016, 13:42 (3045 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by MacAddictXIV, Monday, February 22, 2016, 13:50

I played with Beorn and Earendil and we played three cards and never got over 6, but it was mostly frustrating because things like this would happen

Rocket to the face
Hammer to the back of the head

These are just some of the examples. I would have posted the original links but there is a lot of cursing and yelling involved.

But my favorite is by far this one of Beorn.

Our Night of Trials

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, February 22, 2016, 14:48 (3045 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I played with Beorn and Earendil and we played three cards and never got over 6, but it was mostly frustrating because things like this would happen

Rocket to the face

Yeah, that is some Grade A BS right there :(

Both Rockets and Titan Hammers seem to be a bit messed up right now. I think the combination of recent changes to the way their proximity detonations work combined with lag/lag compensation is causing problems. Shots that look like they should absolutely 100% guaranteed result in a kill are causing less damage than they should. Can lead to some super frustrating moments.

You've changed man

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, February 22, 2016, 16:12 (3045 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

What's with the Taylor swift icon? You're like Funkmon and his Avril all of a sudden.

You've changed man

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, February 22, 2016, 16:27 (3045 days ago) @ Cody Miller

What's with the Taylor swift icon? You're like Funkmon and his Avril all of a sudden.

I don't know what Taylor Swift looks like, but I'm going to assume she doesn't wear beanies and have a full beard...

You've changed man

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, February 22, 2016, 16:29 (3045 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I don't know what Taylor Swift looks like, but I'm going to assume she doesn't wear beanies and have a full beard...

You might need to refresh a couple times ;)

You've changed man

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, February 22, 2016, 16:45 (3044 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Yeah, you are a much prettier man now. Thanks for that.

You've changed man

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, February 22, 2016, 18:28 (3044 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Yeah, you are a much prettier man now. Thanks for that.

[image]

You've changed man

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, February 22, 2016, 16:31 (3045 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Every time I see CheapLEY's icon, it makes me smile. Decided it was time to return the favor ;)

*Adds Cruel's avatar to custom adblocker filter*

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, February 22, 2016, 16:33 (3044 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

*Adds Cruel's avatar to custom adblocker filter*

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, February 22, 2016, 16:38 (3044 days ago) @ CyberKN

[image]

;)

You've changed man

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, February 22, 2016, 17:09 (3044 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Every time I see CheapLEY's icon, it makes me smile. Decided it was time to return the favor ;)

Worked on me.

You've changed man

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, February 22, 2016, 18:36 (3044 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

My icon is actually 50% more influential.

You've changed man

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, February 23, 2016, 18:11 (3043 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I like it! (:

I've been debating about updating mine with a different Taylor picture, if I stumble upon a good one.

You're welcome.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, February 23, 2016, 18:56 (3043 days ago) @ cheapLEY

[image]

I had to change my avatar now.

by Funkmon @, Monday, February 22, 2016, 18:07 (3044 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I previously picked an image of Avril looking retarded cause it was funny. I don't have a weird hero worship thing with a pop singer. Can't be associated with this stuff.

You guys are weird.

by ProbablyLast, Monday, February 22, 2016, 18:09 (3044 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

They are no Avril :(

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, February 22, 2016, 18:29 (3044 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Is that Carly Rae Jepsen?

by Funkmon @, Monday, February 22, 2016, 18:32 (3044 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

Call me maybe?

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, February 22, 2016, 20:55 (3044 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

I will share this conversation between me and ProbablyLast

by Funkmon @, Monday, February 22, 2016, 20:59 (3044 days ago) @ unoudid

[image]

This is why we should go gay and get married.

hahahahaha

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, February 22, 2016, 21:10 (3044 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Is this better Funk?

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, February 22, 2016, 21:17 (3044 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

:D

by Funkmon @, Monday, February 22, 2016, 21:26 (3044 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

I don't want to die. :(

by Claude Errera @, Monday, February 22, 2016, 21:10 (3044 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Sexless marriage, and I'm in.

by ProbablyLast, Monday, February 22, 2016, 23:12 (3044 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Implying there's another option...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, February 22, 2016, 23:23 (3044 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

- No text -

Being sexless and single.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, February 23, 2016, 01:39 (3044 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

I only wanted to be cool like you.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, February 23, 2016, 22:34 (3043 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Our Night of Trials

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, February 22, 2016, 17:02 (3044 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Rocket to the face

Yeah, that is some Grade A BS right there :(

Both Rockets and Titan Hammers seem to be a bit messed up right now. I think the combination of recent changes to the way their proximity detonations work combined with lag/lag compensation is causing problems. Shots that look like they should absolutely 100% guaranteed result in a kill are causing less damage than they should. Can lead to some super frustrating moments.

Not just those. Melees are borked about 20% of the time, it seems, and I've been running into a couple of moments of straight up damage denial (note how he actually catches the entire blast of the shotgun at :15). Weird stuff, that damage referee...

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread