PSA: Armenius D is for sale from the gunsmith (Destiny)

by Durandal, Wednesday, February 24, 2016, 10:56 (3036 days ago)

This is a high ROF autorifle similar to the Doctrine of Passing, for all of us who avoid trials. Hold out for a roll with lots of stability and it will work well.

PSA: Armenius D is for sale from the gunsmith

by DEEP_NNN, Wednesday, February 24, 2016, 12:51 (3036 days ago) @ Durandal

I've used this gun almost exclusively for a few months. PvP and PvE.

Mine has Persistence and Braced Frame.

I've liked it so much I infused Exotics to get it to 310.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, February 24, 2016, 13:11 (3036 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

Do you have some PVE clips of it? Never seen it used there before.

by DEEP_NNN, Wednesday, February 24, 2016, 13:38 (3036 days ago) @ Funkmon

Nope.

Imagine Atheon's Epilogue without a burn.

So... awful?

by ProbablyLast, Wednesday, February 24, 2016, 16:59 (3036 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

- No text -

So... awful?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, February 24, 2016, 17:35 (3036 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

Has anyone here tried Atheon's Epilogue since 2.0 launched? The Nechrocasm is pretty great now... I wonder how AE holds up.

Yes...awful.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, February 24, 2016, 18:36 (3036 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

So... awful?

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, February 24, 2016, 20:04 (3036 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Has anyone here tried Atheon's Epilogue since 2.0 launched? The Nechrocasm is pretty great now... I wonder how AE holds up.

Used it in a few Atheon runs last week. Beat only by VoC for Oracles in final section.

(Would much rather use a pulse or scout for all other tasks. :) )

So... awful?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, February 24, 2016, 20:17 (3036 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Used it in a few Atheon runs last week. Beat only by VoC for Oracles in final section.

I used to use it for Oracles on the Atheon fight… until I got Corrective Measure. Super Good Advice is even better, since it gets ammo back on hits since oracles count as misses. I'm guessing you mean primary weapons though.

So... awful?

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, February 24, 2016, 20:21 (3036 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I used to use it for Oracles on the Atheon fight… until I got Corrective Measure. Super Good Advice is even better, since it gets ammo back on hits since oracles count as misses. I'm guessing you mean primary weapons though.

Huh - I forgot about CM. (I don't have a Y1 SGA any more, so that wasn't really an option.)

So... awful?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, February 24, 2016, 20:34 (3036 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Huh - I forgot about CM. (I don't have a Y1 SGA any more, so that wasn't really an option.)

It's probably not AS good since the field scout nerf… but it will blow away VoC in terms of Oracle killing.

So... awful?

by DEEP_NNN, Wednesday, February 24, 2016, 20:28 (3036 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Small world.

I used Arminius-D for the same purpose the last few weeks with good success. Didn't bring Atheon's Epilogue along for comparison but I 'think' the Arminius-D bested it. I suppose that would make the Arminius-D the better weapon since it doesn't have the void burn or the Oracle perk. Anecdotal evidence only. Just my impression.

Best 1st Dis-43 roll. Auto, high stability, large mag.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, February 24, 2016, 13:10 (3036 days ago) @ Durandal
edited by Funkmon, Wednesday, February 24, 2016, 13:15

Very good roll. The gun has higher range and stability than vision of confluence but is otherwise the same. Appended mag gives you a big magazine, other perks really help.

THIS is the roll I always use and have talked about for months. Last time I had to wait six weeks with the gun in my inventory.

Also Tamar D has a surplus big mag explosive round roll today.

But yeah, the auto rifle ain't so bad.

Just grabbed that one. Looks great!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, February 24, 2016, 14:10 (3036 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Speaking of Gunsmith: Eirene-RR4 god roll this week

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, February 24, 2016, 15:56 (3036 days ago) @ Durandal

Rifled Barrel, Clown Cartridge, and Outlaw with the lowest zoom scope.

I think it's meh.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, February 24, 2016, 16:49 (3036 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Increased range? Nearly useless, it's a sniper.

Outlaw? Don't need it, if I'm using this I'm far enough away to reload between kills.

Clown cartridge? That's all right, but triple tap is much better since it's a reliable free round every time.

What a terrible review...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, February 24, 2016, 17:04 (3036 days ago) @ Funkmon
edited by Korny, Wednesday, February 24, 2016, 17:09

Nope, Range affects accuracy, because it's tied to stuff like magnetism. More range is more better, especially with a low-zoom scope (which this has). Easier headshots lead to more kills (and more Outlaw).

Outlaw? Don't need it, if I'm using this I'm far enough away to reload between kills.

And if you need to snipe multiple folks (or rez-snipe, which the Eirene can do) and you used your last round?
On top of that, Eirene is the best Legendary PvE sniper, and faster reload is invaluable when you've got lots of enemies that you need to drop quickly (Such as the Ogres during the Oryx Fight, and the Knights).

Clown cartridge? That's all right, but triple tap is much better since it's a reliable free round every time.

It's more reliable, yes, assuming you're a perfect shot and you're landing crits on multiple enemies (PvE bosses are your best bet), but in PvP, an extra round can make a world of difference, especially since Triple Tap is pretty useless in PvP (how often are you landing three or more headshots in a sort timeframe?).

What a terrible review...

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, February 24, 2016, 18:35 (3036 days ago) @ Korny

Nope, Range affects accuracy, because it's tied to stuff like magnetism. More range is more better, especially with a low-zoom scope (which this has). Easier headshots lead to more kills (and more Outlaw).

I'm aware. Nearly useless.

And if you need to snipe multiple folks (or rez-snipe, which the Eirene can do) and you used your last round?
On top of that, Eirene is the best Legendary PvE sniper, and faster reload is invaluable when you've got lots of enemies that you need to drop quickly (Such as the Ogres during the Oryx Fight, and the Knights).

It's all right for PvP, yes. The final Oryx fight I also don't think it's needed. I use this gun during that fight when I have touch of malice on. If you have touch of malice though, the sniper doesn't even come out for the ogres. The knights are double shot, and you don't have to kill more than one. It's a wasted perk. That said, I tend to just use black spindle and just kill them in one.

It's more reliable, yes, assuming you're a perfect shot and you're landing crits on multiple enemies (PvE bosses are your best bet).

Right.

PvP stuff.

Yes, I agree. Clown cartridge's extra round is nice, but, again, unreliable.

So, I'd put it at 6/10. It has some perks for PvP that are good, but not great, and it has no real benefit in the normal game.

PvP needs a perfect roll waaay more than PvE

by Kahzgul, Sunday, February 28, 2016, 02:14 (3033 days ago) @ Funkmon

Here's the thing: In PvE, the most important stat is light level, period. Everything else can go by the wayside and you have plenty of time to line up shots, you can use pretty much whatever gun you like from the category of "optimal" for a fight (like, "use a sniper rifle here" but it could realistically be almost any sniper).

In PvP, you need every mote of advantage that you can get because the margins are so small. Party Crasher +1 kills from like 4 pixels farther away than Invective, but that means you're going to lose that 1v1 almost every time. So extra aim assist, a chance for an extra round, faster reloads... That's *critical* stuff to give you just enough edge to turn a fight in your favor. This week's sniper roll is awesome for PvP. For PvE, as you say: Who cares? Use whatever you want because the margins are huge there.

I think you're crazy ;)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, February 24, 2016, 17:27 (3036 days ago) @ Funkmon

This is a fantastic PvP roll.

The range stat is directly connected to aim assist on sniper rifles. A rifle with better range will also have a slightly "stickier" reticle from further away than one with lower range. Makes quick headshots significantly easier.

Quick reloads often make the difference between life and death in PvP. This is one of the best perks available for run-and-gun snipers.

Again, this is a PvE vs PvP thing. Triple-tap on a sniper is almost useless in the crucible. Although personally I'm not crazy about it in PvE either. I'm a bit of a hyperactive spaz when I play PvE. I obviously try to get headshots, but I focus more killing as many things as I can, as quickly as possible. Sometimes that means 2 quick shots to the body instead of taking my time to line up a headshot. Basically, I'm just not a good enough sniper to really take advantage of triple tap, so getting an extra round every few reloads works out better.

Thank you!

by LostSpartan, Wednesday, February 24, 2016, 21:02 (3036 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I've been holding onto an Eirene waiting for a neat roll. I'll pick this one up :)

Thank you!

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, February 24, 2016, 21:20 (3036 days ago) @ LostSpartan

I've been holding onto an Eirene waiting for a neat roll. I'll pick this one up :)

How exactly does this work? You place an order for an Eirene & then don't pick it up if you don't like the roll on it? I thought the roll you got was one of three random rolls each week, is this not the case?

-- DogCow (still somewhat confused about arms day, keep getting it confused with legday)

Thank you!

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, February 24, 2016, 21:27 (3036 days ago) @ dogcow

How exactly does this work? You place an order for an Eirene & then don't pick it up if you don't like the roll on it? I thought the roll you got was one of three random rolls each week, is this not the case?

-- DogCow (still somewhat confused about arms day, keep getting it confused with legday)

Yeah, the order is basically a "ticket" that allows you to view/purchase any given week's rolls. If you don't like them, just hold on to your ticket until next week. Repeat as desired.

"Not Now"

by marmot 1333 @, Thursday, February 25, 2016, 01:49 (3036 days ago) @ CyberKN

is what the back buttons says when you're looking at the guns. I never actually read that before tonight.

Thank you!

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, February 25, 2016, 13:53 (3035 days ago) @ CyberKN

Yeah, the order is basically a "ticket" that allows you to view/purchase any given week's rolls. If you don't like them, just hold on to your ticket until next week. Repeat as desired.

Good to know. Thanks!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread