Destiny dabbles with this a little bit... (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, February 25, 2016, 19:50 (2989 days ago) @ Leviathan

I'd love to see all the perks and stats tied to the cosmetic components, and have the components another type of item to find in the game, whether attached to a gun or on their own. You could head to a table set up by Banshee at the Tower and add your mods and customize your weapons with these parts (and something similar with armor somewhere else). So there'd still be a huge range of guns, but there would be a consistent, comprehensible logic to how they behave associated with their visuals.

The raid gear is a step in this direction. It's still a bit vague, but if you see someone wearing a full set of raid gear with read weapons, you know they are specifically well equipped to fight Taken and handle the raid mechanics. Trials of Osiris was similar in year 1 (before all the weapons got random rolls); you knew that a player wearing Trials gear and wielding Trials weapons was specialized for PvP.

I think that's why I enjoy setting my characters up with complete sets; it plays into the role-playling side of the game which is otherwise a bit under utilized.

The system you're suggesting takes this stuff a lot further, though. I love the idea :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread