Who here plays on a gaming monitor? (Off-Topic)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, February 26, 2016, 19:07 (3032 days ago)

After having a talk with my GF about our upcoming move, it sounds like the game plan for my future gaming will be sitting in front of a computer monitor instead of in the living room on our big screen tv. I'll be going from a 47" TV to either a 24" or 27" monitor on a desk.

I'm actually kind of excited for this change as it will allow me to set up my computer and gaming all in the same area. Plus I already sit way too close to my big screen and I think shrinking the monitor may help my game play some.

I've read some reviews on the Asus and BenQ monitors and will probably pick up one of those depending on some factors outside of pure performance.

For gaming on an xbone and potentially on my macbook pro for some light steam games. What are some factors I should be looking at. Does going from a 24" to a 27" make a big difference? I already have a nice older 24" dell graphics monitor for doing work that I'll be running next to whatever gaming monitor I get.

For gaming on an xbox I really only need a 1920x1080 monitor. But my laptop can push out a higher resolution which has me considering a nicer monitor.

So for those of you who game on a monitor, what are some things I should either look out for or really consider when purchasing a monitor? Specs aside. I'm looking for the intangible things to consider.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread