Anyone get any good IB drops? (Destiny)

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, March 01, 2016, 12:19 (3029 days ago)

I got a pair of 320 boots (dis/str), so now i'm no longer "forever 319." I also got a 312 Nirwens Mercy with Headseeker, Braced frame and feeding frenzy. I did really well with it last night. It's almost like a Messenger without third eye.

[image]

I also got a rocket launcher with horsehoes and hand grenades, but it doesn't have tripod nor field scout.

[image]

Not a drop, but...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, March 01, 2016, 12:42 (3029 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I was finally able to get the Camelot Gloves that I've been eyeballing for months, so now my Warlock is Batman:

[image]

Not a drop, but...

by Durandal, Tuesday, March 01, 2016, 12:55 (3029 days ago) @ Korny

I got a 320 chest piece on my hunter as a T5 reward. That's the only good drop the entire IB from all 3 characters. I had a couple of 280ish arms drop but those are such low light levels that it wasn't worth it to keep them around.

Awesome.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, March 01, 2016, 13:54 (3029 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

lookin' good!

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, March 01, 2016, 14:52 (3028 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Anyone get any good IB drops?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, March 01, 2016, 13:02 (3029 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Barely-played Hunter alt started yesterday at 247, hit Rank 5 in IB and dropped a 316 chest piece.

Warlock main finally broke 310 (for months) to 311 with a 312 chest piece.

¬¬

*grumble*

Nope

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Tuesday, March 01, 2016, 13:05 (3029 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Rank 5 packages:
312 Nirwen's Mercy (bad roll)
311 Titan Chest (duplicate)
310 Bretomart's Stand (bad roll)

Drops:
3 Snipers (1 mediocre roll)
4 helmets (all bad rolls)
318 Ghost Shell

Definitely a waste of time (for me); the rank 5 packages were very frustrating. Congrats on the Boots and Nirwen's!

My rank 5 packages were all class items :(

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, March 01, 2016, 13:12 (3029 days ago) @ Chappy

- No text -

looking at the Reddit thread you have a 6% drop rate

by Durandal, Tuesday, March 01, 2016, 13:39 (3029 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

3% on Rocket launchers, 5% on the sniper rifle.

Given all the other variables in perk and light level, there needs to be a big increase in the drop rate. If you grind strikes with 3 of coins, you could expect two exotics in an hour, where as 4 IB matches might get you a single drop. I know I got a Sniper drop but sharded it because both the light level was low and the perks were not more compelling then my other sniper rifles. Same thing with the arms I got.

I'm all right with this drop rate.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, March 01, 2016, 15:11 (3028 days ago) @ Durandal

- No text -

Without reforging, IB weapons need higher drop rates

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, March 01, 2016, 16:03 (3028 days ago) @ Durandal

3% on Rocket launchers, 5% on the sniper rifle.

Given all the other variables in perk and light level, there needs to be a big increase in the drop rate. If you grind strikes with 3 of coins, you could expect two exotics in an hour, where as 4 IB matches might get you a single drop. I know I got a Sniper drop but sharded it because both the light level was low and the perks were not more compelling then my other sniper rifles. Same thing with the arms I got.

Exactly this. You don't just want any old sniper roll for PvP, you need that perfect roll, which means even a 50% drop rate on the gun itself is still like a 5% chance of the roll you want per game.

I hated reforging.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, March 01, 2016, 18:36 (3028 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Tried it once. Got a better roll, then got a worse one.

I found it expensive, and it felt more like gambling that anything else in the game. I'd rather know the gun I have is the gun I have. All the potentialities that reforging introduced just made my head hurt.

I hated reforging.

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, March 01, 2016, 19:01 (3028 days ago) @ Kermit

i only reforged if i had a really bad gun, or duplicates. If one had a decent roll, i would leave it alone as back up, and just keep re rolling the other one.

Same here

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, March 01, 2016, 19:16 (3028 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

You're doing the same thing now, only more slowly

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, March 02, 2016, 17:28 (3027 days ago) @ Kermit

Tried it once. Got a better roll, then got a worse one.

I found it expensive, and it felt more like gambling that anything else in the game. I'd rather know the gun I have is the gun I have. All the potentialities that reforging introduced just made my head hurt.

Waiting for another gun to drop that has the right roll is just a dramatically slower method of effectively reforging.

Look, the ideal would be to just go to the gunsmith and pick and choose the exact mods for your gun from a list of every possible mod. Bungie seems to be completely devoted to RNG based perks however, so reforging is the second fastest way to get the mods you want.

And the slowest is to just wait until the gun you want drops with the perks you want already rolled on it, which is what we have now. Since 2.0 came out, I have gotten ZERO Party Crasher +1 drops.

So yeah, this is kind of a garbage loot system, especially for PvP.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, March 01, 2016, 13:53 (3029 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I'm still jealous of that Nirwin's!

That's pretty much my dream roll on that weapon. I'd probably pick smallbore over braced frame to give it that extra range. I'd just love to have headseeker on a nirwin's.

I had a decent amount of drops in general. the only things notable are a few decent rolls on the sniper. a 320 ghost shell, and a 312 Nirwin's with smallbore and third eye. pretty much everything else was crap.

by marmot 1333 @, Tuesday, March 01, 2016, 15:08 (3028 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I got to rank 5 on two characters.

Titan
Rank 3: 304 boots (Already had 317 from last IB so not that useful.)
Rank 5: 320 Nirwen's Mercy (First 320 weapon I've ever had. My next highest primary is 310.)

Warlock
Rank 3: 318 ghost
Rank 5: Got some 317 shoes for my warlock.

Other than that I got almost nothing--two 300-ish ghosts on my warlock. My Titan got no purple random drops at all, despite being my main IB character.

by Kuga, Tuesday, March 01, 2016, 15:37 (3028 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

313 Hunter Plate
310 Warlock Bond
314 Fusion Rifle with Icarus... I think RNG hates me with that one.

Finally got Hyberdian Thought Crime (spelling?)

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, March 01, 2016, 16:01 (3028 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

After playing the crap out of every iron banner in 2.0+ I finally got the spaceship. Other than that, I got 5 ghost shells and two gloves, all of which were crapful crap of crapitude. I got 1 rocket launcher on my alt that lacks G&H (so it's crap), and I got two engram drops.

Bought the vendor sniper which, imo, has a fantastic roll, so no complaints there. As long as the vendor weapons keep having such great rolls, not getting the drop doesn't really bug me.

From rank 5 rewards I got a 313 Nirwen's Mercy. The roll isn't as good as my old vendor one, but it's not awful so my alt gets to keep it. And my other rank 5 package had a ghost shell. Sooooo many ghost shells. A week after everyone and their mother got a 320 ghost shell in the mail. Bungie's live team could really do a more thoughtful job with curating these events.

I was pleased

by Oholiab @, Tuesday, March 01, 2016, 18:09 (3028 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I suppose it's not anything too impressive, but I was pleased to get a 316 chest piece with all the right perks for my type of play.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread