The first thing I noticed when I got Destiny (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, March 04, 2016, 19:42 (2946 days ago) @ Leviathan

In preface, Halo obviously doesn't have the same sort of inventory systems Destiny does, so comparisons drawn during this argument are already diluted by that fact.

Right.

Destiny also gives full access to every element of game settings during loading screens. The other games just loaded stuff while you were on a screen. If you couldn't do it on that screen, you couldn't do it. In Destiny, you can do it all the time anywhere. That's the point.

I'm having difficulty parsing what you've written here- Do you have an example of something Destiny allows that Halo 3 didn't?

I'm not exactly sure what Funkmon is saying, but from my point of view and growing up watching little bars fill up atop a static image, it's impressive that we can do anything (like messing with our Destiny inventory) during a loading screen. Halo had neat animated loads, but you couldn't customize your Spartan during them for example. :)

IIRC, the only "neat animated loads" Halo 3 had was that one that would occasionally appear between missions, or when you were hitting "Resume Solo game" at the main menu.

Reach was actually worse about this- The "Auntie Dot" animation would occasionally hang my game for 10-20 seconds while transitioning back to the Main Menu.

And on the other side of the fence, I've had plenty of times in Destiny where the the game flatly refuses to acknowledge that I'm pushing the "open menu" button while in transit.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread