Musical prequel to "Golem" by Marty O'Donnell - Kickstarter (Gaming)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, March 10, 2016, 16:19 (2976 days ago) @ CyberKN

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/135470902/echoes-of-the-first-dreamer

Echoes of the First Dreamer is not the soundtrack to Golem. It is a musical prequel; composed, arranged and recorded as an independent work. It will be released before the game and introduce you to the world and themes of Golem.

In order to fund Echoes we need your help. A stand-alone album of this type is more complicated and expensive than a traditional game soundtrack, and pulling it off will require more time, more musicians and engineering support, and more sophisticated mastering and editing.

As big a fan as I am of Marty and his music, I'm a bit conflicted about this. The thing I enjoy most about listening to soundtracks is how they can kick nostalgia into overdrive, and I'm immediately transported back to the moment in the game/movie that the track plays alongside.

Will I get the same amount of enjoyment out of a track that isn't linked to any particular moments?

I agree with you. Heck, The Siege of Madrigal still makes my chest tight every time I listen to it and when the vocals come in, oh the chills... Goes and listens to The Siege of Madrigal

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread