Thanks! (Gaming)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, March 21, 2016, 15:02 (2969 days ago) @ Kermit

Pretty much exactly what I was looking for. I’m going to give it a try; my CronusMAX+ should be here tomorrow. The Elite arrived yesterday. :)

About those paddles, one of the big draws was mapping the jump button and such to the paddles in order to keep my thumbs on the thumbsticks. I made it through a raid with my hunter using a paddle for jumping. Didn’t work out so well for my warlock, though, as has been documented. I switched back to buttons, and it was like my warlock remembered how to move again. So, one of the big benefits of the controller was negated, but it’s still worth it, IMHO.

I hear you there. Playing around with various mappings last night made me realize that I lack a certain dexterity in my ring fingers. Mapping Jump to either of the upper paddles seemed to work well for me, but my Warlock was not having it when I tried the lower paddles.

You must love wires. In order for the controller to work with PS4, you must use a usb hub and have your PS4 controller plugged in so the system recognizes it and then the adaptor somehow makes the PS4 think the Xbox controller (that is also plugged into the USB hub) is the dual shock. You’ll get an odd prompt from the system asking you to use the controller that’s plugged in, and once you tap the A button, you’re in.

C’est la vie.

One good thing: the customizations you make to your Elite controller using the Xbox app carry over somehow. I guess they’re stored in the controller itself.

Suhweet!

You’re not supposed to leave the Chronusmax adapter plugged in. This is kind of pain for me as I need to leave my PS4 in rest mode (so it always powers my mixamp [TMI, I know]), but I bought an extender cord so I can plug things up sitting in my chair.

Good to know, I do the exact same thing with my MixAmp.

About the 360... If you’ve got a wired Xbox 360 controller, you can use the same kind of set up to use the Elite with your 360. One major drawback, though, is that there is no chat.

I’m not even sure when I fired up my 360 last. I’m thinking about selling it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread