*Spoils* (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, March 22, 2016, 16:10 (2969 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You'll miss out a little by playing when others are less likely to be online, but it's still worth playing. Korny is right try to play in one sitting if you can. 2-4 hours is all it should take.

I did not encounter a single person while playing. Is that why I disliked the experience so much?

I imagine so. A huge part of the experience is unexpectedly encountering someone, then wordlessly interacting, helping one another, traveling together, and either parting or continuing together as far as you can. Sometimes you travel in life with one person, sometimes the person you depended on leaves, and sometimes you meet many people who help you out at different points of your journey. If you missed out on that, you missed out on a massive part of the experience...

But then, some people make a journey alone, and how could they enjoy such an experience if they're the kind that crave attention or depend on others?
And sometimes some people enjoy that solitude, and the ability to depend on themselves to the end...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread