Best PS4 games? (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, March 24, 2016, 01:19 (2968 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I'd recommend putting Journey at or near the top of your list. I don't want to oversell it, but it really is one of my all-time favorite games. At the very least, it's a unique and beautiful way to spend a few hours :)

That is definitely at the top of my list, currently. I think I'm going to get it tomorrow and play it in the evening, before I dive into the Uncharted games.

I loved Dark Souls, but I'm undecided on Bloodborne so far. Despite being pretty similar, they feel very, very different. The lack of a shield, and large mobs of enemies makes Bloodborne a very different (and so far, much more frustrating) game.

Two other random thoughts after just a day with the PS4.

1. The controller is much better than I anticipated. I hated the PS3 controller with a passion. Mainly it just felt too small and was really uncomfortable for me to hold. The PS4 controller is about on par with the 360 controller for me, but still slightly below the Xbox One controller (and miles below the Elite controller, but so is everything).

2. I have new appreciation for the Kinect. I always like it, but I've just now truly realized how often I use voice commands to do things on the One. "Xbox, on," being the best, closely followed by "Take a screenshot," "Snap/Unsnap Party," etc. It's such a small thing, but damn is it nice. It's not a knock against the PS4, I see that it has that functionality, too, if you have the camera, but I don't yet, so it's just a more notable absence than I anticipated.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread