A little (Gaming)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, April 04, 2016, 14:26 (2956 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I got a review copy a couple weeks ago and have spent a little time with it (I've played to the end of Chapter 2... there are 5 chapters total).

Cool game, although as is often the case these days, I'm having trouble sticking with it. The action can be pretty good, and they use the time stuttering effects to do some really awesome stuff with the environments. The live action tv episodes between chapters are fun, too. Decently well put together. I certainly enjoyed the 4-5 hours I spent with it, just not sure I'll stick with it. But if nothing else, I think it deserves credit for trying some new things and being so bold with the live action stuff.

I saw you had played it and was interested in what you thought. I'm intrigued by the time mechanics. It seems like a maturation of Max Payne's bullet time (I'm a fan of the first two games), and this time, that element is integral to the plot. There's a plot--enough of one to fuel a TV series featuring some of my favorite actors. (If the latter is as good as, say, season one of Orphan Black, I'll be happy.) That's to say, my expectations aren't through the roof, but this is an experiment I'm happy to support.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread