Anyone else stoked for Uncharted 4? (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, April 05, 2016, 00:25 (2955 days ago)

So, I'd never really played Uncharted before. I'd played just about an hour or so of Uncharted 3 on a friend's PS3 just to see what all the fuss was about. I remember thinking it was pretty, but ultimately not all that fun.

After playing through Uncharted 1 and half of Uncharted 2, I still think that's pretty accurate. I am absolutely enjoying it just for the crazy story, and I've become attached to the characters, but I don't think the gameplay is all that "fun". Partly I think it's just because of the age of the games--they feel like relics from a different era at this point, just wading through areas shooting dudes with some light platforming. It's fine, but the new Tomb Raiders do it better (and I'd love for Uncharted 4 to borrow Rise of the Tomb Raider's map design).

Coverage of Uncharted 4 is starting to drop, though, and I'm actually pretty excited for it. I just watched a video that shows off that the game is absolutely gorgeous. But more importantly, it seems like they've really made combat a lot more fluid, even going so far as to seemingly make stealth a viable option. Drake's new grappling hook looks great, and even the actual shooting looks like it's better somehow.

This video has me so hyped:

Now I just need to finish Uncharted 2 and 3!

(Also, just as an aside, I'd never played any of the Hitman games before, but I'm really, really enjoying the first "episode" of the new one.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread