Download update to PS4 remotely? (Off-Topic)

by marmot 1333 @, Tuesday, April 12, 2016, 16:42 (2986 days ago)

My console is in rest mode at home. I don't currently have the PS4 app configured.

Is it possible to start the Destiny update remotely via the playstation web site?

Will the update show up on this page: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/download/list? (If you're not signed in it will redirect you, but if you are signed in it takes you to the "Download list" page.)

Download update to PS4 remotely?

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, April 12, 2016, 16:46 (2986 days ago) @ marmot 1333

My console is in rest mode at home. I don't currently have the PS4 app configured.

Is it possible to start the Destiny update remotely via the playstation web site?

Will the update show up on this page: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/download/list? (If you're not signed in it will redirect you, but if you are signed in it takes you to the "Download list" page.)

It should download on its own (assuming the rest mode is configured to do so).

The problem is that Destiny itself has to be running for it to actually install, I think. Could be wrong.

If your console is set as the "Main" console, you should be fine... Should be... Great, now I'm worried...

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, April 12, 2016, 16:52 (2986 days ago) @ Korny

It should download on its own (assuming the rest mode is configured to do so).

The problem is that Destiny itself has to be running for it to actually install, I think. Could be wrong.

If your console is set as the "Main" console, you should be fine... Should be... Great, now I'm worried...

I've hard people say you can trigger updates by asking the PS4 to download something else remotely. Can't verify, though.

It downloaded.

by marmot 1333 @, Tuesday, April 12, 2016, 22:17 (2986 days ago) @ CyberKN

The update was done when I got home.

I did trigger another download from work, so I'm not sure if it would have kicked off without it.

Same here.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, April 12, 2016, 23:26 (2986 days ago) @ marmot 1333

- No text -

by marmot 1333 @, Tuesday, April 12, 2016, 18:34 (2986 days ago) @ Korny

Destiny is probably running in the background, but I think I went out to the dashboard before putting the ps4 to sleep. I'll see what happens.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, April 13, 2016, 15:27 (2985 days ago) @ marmot 1333

(at least at launch) the PS4 would check for available updates in sleep mode, but only after more then 24 hours in sleep mode. Not super useful. Even more annoying, unlike the PS3 you can't use IR or Bluetooth to turn the console on so I am not able to use my Harmony to turn on the system so it will check for updates like I can with the PS3 or XBONE (though the XBONE lets you send download commands through the Web site it seems.

I tried adding a new download last night and it didn't start till I got home to turn on the PS4, so take that data point for what it is worth.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, April 13, 2016, 15:33 (2985 days ago) @ Vortech

(at least at launch) the PS4 would check for available updates in sleep mode, but only after more then 24 hours in sleep mode. Not super useful. Even more annoying, unlike the PS3 you can't use IR or Bluetooth to turn the console on so I am not able to use my Harmony to turn on the system so it will check for updates like I can with the PS3 or XBONE (though the XBONE lets you send download commands through the Web site it seems.

I can't figure out how to do it through the website on the Xbox.

Harmony will turn on devices when you're away from the network? Wow. BTW, do you still have a 360? My harmony stopped being able to turn my 360 on and off, and I can't figure out why.

I tried adding a new download last night and it didn't start till I got home to turn on the PS4, so take that data point for what it is worth.

I did what others suggested and queued something else to download through the website. The update was downloaded when I got home, but not installed. Didn't take long at all for the latter.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread