a silly little theory

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, June 23, 2013, 12:46 (3972 days ago)

So, I've been revisiting the fine city of New Mombassa. Some recent ODST co-op games renewed my interest, so I decided to do a legendary run with a new profile, so I would get all of Vergil's audio log signals, which really brought the city to life during my original play through. I had a great time this time, too!

At the beginning of the Coastal Highway level I was lingering over the Destiny teaser image that NSUSoldier called to everyone's attention a while back. (BTW, happy birthday, dude!)

[image]

I've been so captivated by the appearance of the traveler at other times, that I've not thought about the company name, "Asklon," very much. This time I did, and I was struck by the idea that "Asklon" is a kind of portmanteau of Ask L(ater) On. Heh.

I'm thinking this could save Deej a lot of time in the mailbag.

Fan: Hey Deej! Will there be a PC version of Destiny?

Deej: Asklon!

I may not be the first to come up with this. (Searches of HBO's forum yielded some corrupt data that I couldn't read.) Loftus says that in earlier games Asklon was Askloun, but they removed you "u" to avoid it being pronounced as "ass clown." That detracts a bit from my theory, but "Ask Later On" gave me a chuckle regardless.

Did we ever confirm which artist put this in?

Kermit

P.S. I debated for a bit which forum to post this to, but I thought if someone from Bungie would like to comment, they might better see it here.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread