PS3 deal *OT*

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Tuesday, June 25, 2013, 16:21 (3970 days ago) @ Kermit

Is The Last of Us really, really scary? I'm not big on zombies, but this game seems like it would have a good story, and I was impressed with the demo I saw at PAX last year.

I'm not a huge fan of zombies either, and when I bought the game thinking it wasn't to be all that zombie central, I wasn't disappointed. Their presence in the world, while important, is never the main focus? They're spread nicely throughout the game, dropping in and out, while you experience other... stuff.

I didn't personally find the game to be scary, or at least not jump scary. The world Naughty Dog have constructed is an immersive and visceral place, especially the combat, and that's where the fear would seep in most, I think - you really feel like you're trying to survive, regardless of the nature of the enemy, zombie or otherwise.

If you do decide on a PS3, I think it's worth investigating further. It caught me by surprise!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread