The funny part about that buff... (Destiny)

by slycrel ⌂, Wednesday, June 01, 2016, 16:46 (2937 days ago) @ electricpirate
edited by slycrel, Wednesday, June 01, 2016, 16:50

I had a braced frame thesan. it was pretty good, but I'd way too often almost kill people at mid-range. The projectile spread was uneven enough that it was very difficult to hit anything with all projectiles at mid-range.

I did not have a braced frame vacancy, though I had tried it. I discarded it in favor of ashraven's flight and the thesian. I think the new roll is overall superior at short to mid-range to anything else I've used. It's a touch slower than I'd like, up close that can be a problem.

Short range has indeed improved as far as stability goes. I used to aim at people's feet to kill them. Now I'm aiming center mass. You're right that this patch did change that. I guess I was commenting on their overall power level -- short range is still about the same, you use them a little differently, but their power hasn't really changed. Mid-range some fusion rifles are now usable where they haven't been in the past. That's the big change.

pre-patch I was all about impact and range. I'm now all about impact and stability -- at mid-range the range stat doesn't matter as much because of projectile spread -- it's better to get damage falloff and hit with more projectiles.

I wish damage was better at super short range with fusion rifles in general. The gjallar-sword is what I think it should be like when getting hit by a fusion rifle at point blank range. This is probably fueled by the pocket infinity flavor text and the like.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread