Done with Destiny (Off-Topic)

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, June 06, 2016, 11:02 (2936 days ago)

I guess I finally got bored with it. I might come back whenever they release the next expansion in the fall, but I'll probably wait to see what the previews and/or reviews say about it before I jump back in. I'm playing Elite Dangerous on the xbox now so if anyone else gets that game, come wing up with me sometime. :)

Boo........

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, June 06, 2016, 11:08 (2936 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Come back to the dark side in a week. that's all the break you'll need.

Boo........

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, June 06, 2016, 11:48 (2936 days ago) @ unoudid

In all seriousness, a week or month off does wonders for Destiny. I come back for the people, too.

+1000

by breitzen @, Kansas, Monday, June 06, 2016, 11:51 (2936 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Boo........

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, June 06, 2016, 11:58 (2936 days ago) @ Kermit

It's more about DBO than Destiny really. You guys rock! If you send me an invite I might still join up, but I just haven't been in the mood for a while now.

Boo........

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, June 06, 2016, 14:57 (2936 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm taking a month off, but it's because it's summer and I've got places to go. This month I will have driven from Tennessee to Michigan to Louisiana to Texas, back to Tennessee, then to New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, and Colorado. I haven't been dragging my Xbox along with me.

Boo........

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, June 06, 2016, 15:03 (2936 days ago) @ bluerunner

I'm taking a month off, but it's because it's summer and I've got places to go. This month I will have driven from Tennessee to Michigan to Louisiana to Texas, back to Tennessee, then to New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, and Colorado. I haven't been dragging my Xbox along with me.

And you didn't even stop by to say hi... Or are you still planning on this trip?

Boo........

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, June 06, 2016, 16:44 (2935 days ago) @ dogcow

And you didn't even stop by to say hi... Or are you still planning on this trip?

Haven't headed west yet. Packing my bags now. Going to cover a bit more than 4,000 miles next week.

You should buy a map

by Earendil, Monday, June 06, 2016, 15:24 (2936 days ago) @ bluerunner

I'm fairly certain you're lost.

You should buy a map

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, June 06, 2016, 16:41 (2935 days ago) @ Earendil

I'm fairly certain you're right.

You should buy a map

by SonofMacPhisto @, Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 09:46 (2935 days ago) @ bluerunner

I'm fairly certain you're right.

I'm fairly certain that's how you like it.

Boo........

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, June 06, 2016, 15:18 (2936 days ago) @ Kermit

In all seriousness, a week or month off does wonders for Destiny. I come back for the people, too.

133 days and counting. Definitely doing wonders!

So.......

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, June 06, 2016, 15:41 (2936 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You only hang out to complain about Destiny without playing it?

You've only just realised this?

by Raflection, Monday, June 06, 2016, 15:47 (2936 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

So.......

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Monday, June 06, 2016, 15:48 (2936 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Wait, people actually play video games?

He definitely claims to not play.

by ProbablyLast, Monday, June 06, 2016, 16:04 (2935 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

He definitely claims to not play.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, June 06, 2016, 16:22 (2935 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

See for yourself if you think they are just 'claims':

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/games/2/4611686018428400916/2305843009215425348

100% chance you have a second account to play on.

by Funkmon @, Monday, June 06, 2016, 17:09 (2935 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

It's the one that gets all the Hawkmoons and Jade Rabbits.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, June 06, 2016, 17:14 (2935 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Looks like I may be back this fall

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, June 06, 2016, 16:07 (2935 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I might be playing again soon. Confirmed raid in rise of iron.

Elite Screenshot

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, June 06, 2016, 21:29 (2935 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

BTW, here are a couple of screenshots of what I've been up to.

[image]

Link in case image doesn't work.

[image]

Link in case the image doesn't work.

Nice!

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, June 06, 2016, 21:42 (2935 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

This weekend, I started my first trip to Sag A*. Just over 25% of the way there, now.

[image]

LifeHack: fly up/down the plane first

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, June 06, 2016, 21:44 (2935 days ago) @ CyberKN

Odds are you'll come across a lot more unexplored systems (which will net you tons of cash in exploration once you get back)

LifeHack: fly up/down the plane first

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, June 06, 2016, 21:47 (2935 days ago) @ ZackDark

Odds are you'll come across a lot more unexplored systems (which will net you tons of cash in exploration once you get back)

Oh, I'm not doing this for cash (Robigo netted me enough for pretty much whatever I want). I just want to see that supermassive black hole and chill out with other explorers.

"Robi"what?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, June 06, 2016, 22:10 (2935 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Stay a while, and listen...

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, June 06, 2016, 23:58 (2935 days ago) @ ZackDark

Robigo is a system at the distant edge of colonized space, which hosts little more than a tiny space station. It grew infamous late last year for offering absurdly high-paying delivery missions, and even more lucrative smuggling opportunities. If you had the time and right equipment, you could make in a single run what most bounty hunters make in a month.

I took a screenshot of the bulletin board the first time I docked because my friend refused to believe what I was telling him:

[image]

Sadly, the station soon began to experience mechanical problems (a lot of people suspect sabotage by disruptive players), and pilots had to look elsewhere for business.

O_O

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 01:07 (2935 days ago) @ CyberKN

Good god. I thought I was ballin' with my 3m trading route...

Is that a Diamondback?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, June 06, 2016, 21:42 (2935 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Pff, #VultureMasterRace

(Let me know when you get close to grabbing an Asp. I've been meaning to arrange an exploration mission towards Sagittarius A, but I'm still a few million short on fitting out a nice long-range scout.)

Is that a Diamondback?

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 00:40 (2935 days ago) @ ZackDark

Yep, I used a DBS to hit the top 10% on the bounty hunting community goal last weekend. That got me up to ~34 million credits. Now I have a fully kitted Asp Explorer and a Vulture. I tried going up to a Vulture before but you need a lot of credits to make it a good combat ship. My DBS was much better for the money I had at the time.

Is that a Diamondback?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 01:13 (2935 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Now I have a fully kitted Asp Explorer and a Vulture.

Well, time for me to work overtime, then. Been a while since I've played. Let's see if my trade route still exists.

I tried going up to a Vulture before but you need a lot of credits to make it a good combat ship.

Yeah, no kidding.

[image]

Almost 15m in that ship. At least it's fun to fly, so I'm happy.

Is that a Diamondback?

by SonofMacPhisto @, Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 09:46 (2935 days ago) @ ZackDark

Yeah, no kidding.

[image]

Almost 15m in that ship. At least it's fun to fly, so I'm happy.

Consider dual large multi-cannons, so you can shunt more power to engines and systems. It really opens that ship up.

Have never tried ammo-based guns before

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 13:37 (2935 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Dunno how that'll work out. Will try it out.

Presently, I have to shut down a few systems whenever I deploy weapons. I don't remember off-hand what I shut down, but I do skirt the edge with the FTL drive.

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 14:16 (2935 days ago) @ ZackDark

This is the build I'm going to try. you can swap out one of the multi-cannons for a laser weapon of some sort. Use lasers for shields, then once the shields are down, use the multi-cannons to take out their hull. Laser weapons are more effective against shields while kinetic weapons are more effective against hulls.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 18:25 (2934 days ago) @ ZackDark

Dunno how that'll work out. Will try it out.

Presently, I have to shut down a few systems whenever I deploy weapons. I don't remember off-hand what I shut down, but I do skirt the edge with the FTL drive.

Multi-cannons are work horses, for sure. Overall power draw isn't bad, but the biggest thing is the drain on your weapons capacitor is significantly reduced. You can run 1 pip to weapons nearly all day long, which is a great boon to systems and/or engines.

Is that a Diamondback?

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 13:18 (2935 days ago) @ ZackDark

If you see me online, feel free to request a wing to do some bounty hunting. I'll be playing around with my shiny new Vulture for a bit and I find bounty hunting to be quite profitable.

Count me in. Love some dogfighting too

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 13:25 (2935 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

- No text -

Done with Destiny

by Robot Chickens, Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 15:57 (2935 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I'm playing Elite Dangerous on the xbox now so if anyone else gets that game, come wing up with me sometime. :)

Why did you do this to me? Downloaded last night and started training...

Don't forget to call the Fuel Rats if you get stranded!

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 16:09 (2934 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

Don't forget to call the Fuel Rats if you get stranded!

by Robot Chickens, Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 16:24 (2934 days ago) @ CyberKN

I don't even know what that means yet. Honestly, I'm going in a bit dark on purpose. The flavor text of the game reminded me of my favorite shareware game ever. I'm sure it isn't totally analogous, but I love the idea of setting out in an unknown universe with nothing but a lowly shuttle-craft and trading/fighting my way to the top.

Fuel Rats are a player guild

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 16:31 (2934 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Go to their website and you can message them for help. They are really great people!

Fuel Rats are a player guild

by Robot Chickens, Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 16:58 (2934 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Good to know!

Or get a Fuel Scoop

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 20:09 (2934 days ago) @ CyberKN

Either way, watch your fuel gauge! It took me way too long to get used to the maths behind jumping around, but I probably derped out.

Beware the steep learning curve

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 16:31 (2934 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

I'm playing Elite Dangerous on the xbox now so if anyone else gets that game, come wing up with me sometime. :)

Why did you do this to me? Downloaded last night and started training...

Muhahaha!

+1 for using the fuel rats if you get stuck without gas. However, it's easy to avoid if you know the tricks. First, when you plot a route on the galaxy map, a solid line indicates you have enough gas and a dashed line indicates that you do not. If you don't want to run out along the way, one option is to get a fuel scoop but some stars cannot be scooped. To avoid those follow these instructions: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=89747

DOOOOD

by Up North 65 @, Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 16:53 (2934 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Yay my sales pitch during Skolas worked!!! Pretty Game Picture for Posterity
[image]

DOOOOD

by Robot Chickens, Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 16:58 (2934 days ago) @ Up North 65

Yay my sales pitch during Skolas worked!!! Pretty Game Picture for Posterity

yarp

Now I want to join :(

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 18:08 (2934 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

Come on in, the water's fine!

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 18:27 (2934 days ago) @ Ragashingo

SonOfMacPhisto and I are in a "wing" with some other people and we're actively recruiting more members! Most people in the wing like combat stuff, but there is no reason not to do trading, exploration, or mining as well.

http://inara.cz/wing/960

Ok.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 19:19 (2934 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

- No text -

Yes!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 20:11 (2934 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

This game desperately needs more people on my FR playing it. :)

Yes!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 20:57 (2934 days ago) @ ZackDark

Ya'll're gonna give me some free money, right??

I'm ok with shooting cargo at you Oprah-like

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 21:47 (2934 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Done with Destiny

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 13:21 (2934 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

This is a game I think I'd be all over if video games were one of my two hobbies instead of one of five. :)

Done with Destiny

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 15:55 (2934 days ago) @ Kermit

This is a game I think I'd be all over if video games were one of my two hobbies instead of one of five. :)

Haha, it's definitely a time-sink. Now that I'm not playing Destiny I have the time though. :)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread