Enemy Starfighter = House of the Dying Sun = Looking good. (Destiny)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Monday, June 06, 2016, 16:20 (2940 days ago)

From Ex-Bungie Mike Tupil. Liking the art direction, doesn't look too chaotic, and it looks fun! Especially as a huge fan of Long Night of Solace!

(For the uninitiated, my post title is referring to the original title of the game in development until recently.)

Really hope that this finds its way to PSVR...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, June 06, 2016, 16:31 (2940 days ago) @ Leviathan

From Ex-Bungie Mike Tupil. Liking the art direction, doesn't look too chaotic, and it looks fun! Especially as a huge fan of Long Night of Solace!

(For the uninitiated, my post title is referring to the original title of the game in development until recently.)

A PS4 controller is already on the game's page as one of the recommended ways to play it. Space combat games are too few and far between (and often boring).

Me, too.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, June 06, 2016, 16:42 (2940 days ago) @ Korny

I have played it, and it's really fun!

Enemy Starfighter = House of the Dying Sun = Looking good.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, June 06, 2016, 16:45 (2940 days ago) @ Leviathan

They did a really good job by adding the drums for the music. I was having serious Battle Star Galactica Flash backs. And I LOVED how they did space fighting in that show and it kinda reminds me of this too. Even the chaingun sounds of the space fighter.

A related note: C Paul Jonson leaves Bungie to work for...

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Monday, June 06, 2016, 16:46 (2940 days ago) @ Leviathan

...Bungie!

"Hi Everyone. I'm pleased to let you all know that I've recently decided to leave Bungie and go freelance! And I have my first client! Wait for it... Wait for it... It's Bungie! I couldn't be more excited to be chasing new opportunities while still working with all of the great people at Bungie!"

HA! Awesome!

by Funkmon @, Monday, June 06, 2016, 17:13 (2940 days ago) @ Leviathan

- No text -

Beautiful!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, June 06, 2016, 17:28 (2940 days ago) @ Leviathan

Love the aesthetic, plus it seems to have a nice sense of speed (something LNoS was missing, IMO). Thanks for posting!

Beautiful!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, June 06, 2016, 18:04 (2939 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Love the aesthetic, plus it seems to have a nice sense of speed (something LNoS was missing, IMO). Thanks for posting!

How dare you criticize the greatest Halo level ever!

You're right.

Beautiful!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, June 06, 2016, 19:23 (2939 days ago) @ Kermit

You're right.

LOL

I was a huge Rogue Squadron / Battlefront fan, so I'm just used to a certain level of speed in my Space combat games. I adored LNoS, but I did wish it was just a little bit faster :)

Beautiful!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, June 06, 2016, 19:28 (2939 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

You're right.

LOL

I was a huge Rogue Squadron / Battlefront fan, so I'm just used to a certain level of speed in my Space combat games. I adored LNoS, but I did wish it was just a little bit faster :)

Anyone else play Sabrewing 2? The lack of videos of it on Youtube is criminal...

Holy crap, it comes out tomorrow!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, June 06, 2016, 19:28 (2939 days ago) @ Leviathan

I HAZ A HAPPY!

Holy crap, it comes out tomorrow!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, June 06, 2016, 19:47 (2939 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I HAZ A HAPPY!

And I will haz Mirror's Edge.

Chest Bump Right Now!!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, June 06, 2016, 22:52 (2939 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

This looks rad!

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, June 06, 2016, 19:37 (2939 days ago) @ Leviathan

I will buy this.

Bummed when I see games like this...

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Monday, June 06, 2016, 20:26 (2939 days ago) @ Leviathan

... and they are on PSN and I don't have one.

PSN? I thought it was Steam only?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, June 06, 2016, 21:04 (2939 days ago) @ BeardFade

- No text -

It is.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, June 06, 2016, 21:07 (2939 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Rescind my entire statement

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Monday, June 06, 2016, 21:41 (2939 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I assumed what wasn't on Xbox around these parts was on Playstation. I'm not as hardcore as some of y'all and definitely showed my newb-ness there.

You got my hopes up lol

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, June 06, 2016, 21:43 (2939 days ago) @ BeardFade

I'd much rather play it on my PS4 :)

Gah...

by Up North 65 @, Monday, June 06, 2016, 22:22 (2939 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Flying on a controller just feels wrong to me. After actually flying and running an Occulus Rift P51 sim with full controls I have a really hard time remembering buttons and bumpers. Just ask Tiger how awesome my docking in Elite is, half the time my feet try to move the rudders and nothing happens.

Was going to complain about lack of House of the Rising Sun

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, June 06, 2016, 21:47 (2939 days ago) @ Leviathan

But the gameplay is too exciting to elicit any complaints. Any clue on pricing?

$19.99 USD with a 10% discount at launch

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, June 06, 2016, 21:48 (2939 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

PSA: It's out now.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 15:36 (2939 days ago) @ Leviathan

Bought it. I'll give it a shot tonight.

Anybody played it yet? I have a question

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 20:23 (2938 days ago) @ Leviathan

Where is it on the arcade to flight sim scale? I really like the feel of the flying in Reach because it's not incredibly involved, but still interesting. Curious if this is similar (somewhat more complicated is obviously fine), or if it's WAY more like a sim.

Much harder then Reach

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 00:41 (2938 days ago) @ Xenos

Maybe it's just because I'm having trouble adapting to the controls after playing so much Elite, but I'm having a tough time. It's like flying a plane, but you have the ability to "drift" when holding down one of the shoulder buttons. There's no lateral movement or "trick rolls" to speak of.

Also, the game hangs for a solid few seconds when I transition from the title card into my ship, and it's crashed on me twice now. :(

What do you mean by "trick rolls"?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 01:08 (2938 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 01:15 (2938 days ago) @ ZackDark

I assume he's talking about the sort of things you can do in Banshee by hold "A" and a direction on the thumbstick. Barrel rolls and backflips and such. I don't actually remember Long Night of Solace all that well, but didn't the Sabre have similar moves?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 01:17 (2938 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I assume he's talking about the sort of things you can do in Banshee by hold "A" and a direction on the thumbstick. Barrel rolls and backflips and such. I don't actually remember Long Night of Solace all that well, but didn't the Sabre have similar moves?

Yeah, that stuff.

DBO: We have the trick rolls

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 01:43 (2938 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Yes, we do

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 02:12 (2938 days ago) @ Pyromancy

[image]

by General Battuta, Friday, June 10, 2016, 16:02 (2936 days ago) @ Leviathan

I did some minor lore/story writing on this! So you can enjoy awesome starfighter action like Long Night of Solace without Reach's bad writing heyooooo

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, June 10, 2016, 16:25 (2936 days ago) @ General Battuta

I did some minor lore/story writing on this! So you can enjoy awesome starfighter action like Long Night of Solace without Reach's bad writing heyooooo

So unlike Destiny your lore is accessible in game? :-p

by General Battuta, Friday, June 10, 2016, 16:31 (2936 days ago) @ Cody Miller

So unlike Destiny your lore is accessible in game? :-p

It is!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread