There's a slightly longer teaser for the Twitch stream. (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 15:29 (2930 days ago)

here's a new leak for you...

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 16:25 (2930 days ago) @ CyberKN

*SP* if that's a concern. Exciting stuff.

by slycrel ⌂, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 16:33 (2930 days ago) @ CougRon

- No text -

Only on PS4 and Xbox One?

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 16:33 (2930 days ago) @ CougRon

Polygon reports that this new expansion might not come to last-gen platforms.

I find this reasonable.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 16:35 (2930 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 16:36 (2930 days ago) @ cheapLEY

This is going to sound negative, and I don't mean it that way, but if true that's the most exciting piece of news for me. Specifically because if they are in fact dropping previous gen, I would hope it means they can push things a bit further.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 16:43 (2930 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

This is going to sound negative, and I don't mean it that way, but if true that's the most exciting piece of news for me. Specifically because if they are in fact dropping previous gen, I would hope it means they can push things a bit further.

Yeah. Finally.

Totally justified, and also probably the end for me :\

by electricpirate @, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 19:18 (2930 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I have little desire to buy a one or Ps4, so no more destiny for me I guess.

Hurry up with a PC version Bungie.

Not even for Halo?

by Funkmon @, Thursday, June 09, 2016, 02:34 (2929 days ago) @ electricpirate

- No text -

lol Halo's dead, silly

by Avateur @, Thursday, June 09, 2016, 02:37 (2929 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

It's a pity they stopped making Halo after Reach

by Durandal, Thursday, June 09, 2016, 10:03 (2929 days ago) @ Avateur

(halo 4/5 are dead to me)

Reach? What's that?

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, June 09, 2016, 10:52 (2929 days ago) @ Durandal

- No text -

I still Halo 3 LAN party a couple times a year.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, June 09, 2016, 13:00 (2929 days ago) @ someotherguy

- No text -

It's a pity they stopped making Combat Evolved after Halo.

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Thursday, June 09, 2016, 19:10 (2929 days ago) @ Durandal

- No text -

To me this means we'll definitely see falling snow. :)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 16:39 (2930 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Good.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 16:50 (2930 days ago) @ cheapLEY

And with a possible PS4K coming, the game might truly become a game for this generation.

It's weird to think that for all of the things that Destiny has been able to do, it was ultimately still a last-gen game (still is, too).

Glad that we won't have to wait until Destiny 2 to get a proper current-gen experience.

Maybe.

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 20:04 (2930 days ago) @ Korny

And with a possible PS4K coming, the game might truly become a game for this generation.

It's weird to think that for all of the things that Destiny has been able to do, it was ultimately still a last-gen game (still is, too).

Glad that we won't have to wait until Destiny 2 to get a proper current-gen experience.

What are you expecting? As long as there's character compatibility with PS360 it's going to be difficult to shake up certain fundamentals.

Maybe.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 21:01 (2929 days ago) @ uberfoop

What are you expecting? As long as there's character compatibility with PS360 it's going to be difficult to shake up certain fundamentals.

Larger combat areas, more enemies per area, weather effects, a busier raid. Stuff like that.

We're already pushing limits with gear (Touch of Malice isn't animated on last-gen IIRC), so it's more the environments and effects that I think are getting more freedom.

I hope the new raid is fun. Everything else is whatevs.

by ProbablyLast, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 17:14 (2930 days ago) @ CougRon

- No text -

*SP* ... Doesn't excite you?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 17:18 (2930 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

New faction and boss? And see as they can't just do a taken faction again so I'm guessing a new player has entered the scene?

That is very interesting to me!

*SP* Yes and no

by ProbablyLast, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 17:49 (2930 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV
edited by ProbablyLast, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 17:52

I'm assuming the new race will be heavily involved in the raid. I'm also happy about Taken not being the main enemy type, but once I get to the endgame most of my playtime goes to raids/Heroic strikes.

King's Fall was very fun, the first 9-10 times, but I got burned out on it a while ago. VoG and Crota remain fun for me, for entirely different reasons. I just hope the new raid goes back to that. Challenging, but still fun like VoG or hilariously easy like Crota's End. Being able to play with groups that aren't perfect, and have a good time.

I'm also relatively skeptical about the new enemy type/boss being different, but hope to be proven wrong by the stream tomorrow.

It doesn't excite me.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 19:01 (2930 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Anything Bingle has added to the game has, IMO, been to make it harder. The taken are way harder than the normal guys. I fully expect the new faction to be hard as butts.

*SP* ... Doesn't excite you?

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 19:10 (2930 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

It sounds to me like this will be another variation of existing enemies, rather than a whole new enemy type - Mutant Fallen instead of Taken Fallen (and perhaps mutant Hive since they're on Earth as well). I'm sure we'll know more after tomorrow.

*SP* +1 I think you're right.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 19:32 (2930 days ago) @ Chappy

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread