Higher Right Stick = Finer Movement (Destiny)

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 18:16 (2850 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I've played with these sticks for a year and a half now and it's really hard to play on a normal controller anymore.

The longer lever gives you finer control over your reticule movement, which makes those subtle adjustments in a fire fight a bit easier. I also think my drag scoping is a lot better. However, I personally still tend to over aim (always have, always will).

Your sensitivity will feel really slow at first, you can actually probably bump it up one or two and give it a try for a while. The longer throw means it takes a bit longer to hit you max look speed. I find I still use a sensitivity of 4 with these sticks though.

Lastly, it takes a while for your thumb to get used to the height difference down to the buttons. My thumbs handle it just fine, but at first trying to double and triple jump while adjusting my aim was a bit difficulty. I'd accidentally hit the stick with the side of my thumb on the way up or down.

For 15 bucks, it's worth giving a try I think. You may never go back.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread