Great Marty Interview (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 22:20 (2930 days ago)

I didn't find this on my own (Marty mentioned it on Facebook), but I'm glad I got to watch it; it's pretty cool.

Thanks! I needed something to pop on during my drive.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, June 09, 2016, 02:40 (2929 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Really great!

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Thursday, June 09, 2016, 12:42 (2929 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I love listening to him talk about his journey, music philosophies ... And at a piano no less! Really cool to see/hear him play some of those iconic game pieces, just like it's no big deal from memory. :)

When he played the chords from the H3 announcement video, I was immediately transported back to the first time I watched it, and remembered hearing it and seeing at the Hollywood Bowl at VGL.

Have to admit though, hearing him play that piece at the end, had a bit of added sadness to it. Maybe sadness isn't the best term...longing, for what could've been ...? Beautiful, let's just stick with beautiful.

That guy has a way with music. ;)

Really great!

by cheapLEY @, Friday, June 10, 2016, 03:01 (2928 days ago) @ Mid7night

I love listening to him talk about his journey, music philosophies ... And at a piano no less! Really cool to see/hear him play some of those iconic game pieces, just like it's no big deal from memory. :)

Yeah, it was really amazing. Great video!

That guy has a way with music. ;)

No kidding. When is Echoes of the First Dreamer coming out again? I can't wait!

Great Marty Interview

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, June 13, 2016, 15:30 (2925 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Finally got around to watching this. That was best explication of Marty’s goals for game audio I’ve heard or read. I especially enjoyed hearing about his epiphany regarding how random audio equals reality in a game and the “bored now” trigger. After I became conscious of the “bored now” moments in Halo (after many, many playthroughs), I started thinking of it as the moment when the musicians got bored with me! “This guy ain’t doing anything. He’s just staring at rocks!”

Kermit

P.S. Also enjoyed more detail regarding “Tomorrow Never Knows” as a touchstone for him and Sir Paul. One of the surreal moments for me in the lead up to Destiny was reading about that first time.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread