Rise of Iron Trailer *SP* (Destiny)

by Argent_17, Thursday, June 09, 2016, 09:24 (2929 days ago)
edited by Argent_17, Thursday, June 09, 2016, 09:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKxhBMsArBM
It has returned. Not sure How I feel about it being a pre-order bonus though. Maybe it's just a skin for the weapon and you can still have vanilla flavored death and destruction?

Probz just a skin. Definitely pre ordering though.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, June 09, 2016, 11:14 (2929 days ago) @ Argent_17

The gun will probably have been nerfed to not track, do proximity damage, have rockets or wolfpack rounds, and have an ammo capacity of 2, but but whatever.

I wonder how much they'll actually nerf it.

by ProbablyLast, Thursday, June 09, 2016, 11:26 (2929 days ago) @ Funkmon

Jokes aside, it's definitely not going to be anywhere near as effective as it currently is if they are going to pass it out to everyone.

I wonder how much they'll actually nerf it.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, June 09, 2016, 11:31 (2929 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

I hope it fires actual wolves.

Also, called it on a year 2 Gjallarhorn.
http://destiny.bungie.org/forum/index.php?id=112023

Just as everything is year 3. It checks out.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, June 09, 2016, 11:39 (2929 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

First reply to that post is perfect.

by ProbablyLast, Thursday, June 09, 2016, 12:39 (2929 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

My guess

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, June 09, 2016, 13:05 (2929 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

Probably not at all. It was already nerfed a while back, they made the wolfpack rounds do less damage. I don't think any of us noticed much since that was (IIRC) around the same time it became partially-irrelevant due to not being a Y2 weapon.

That, combined with the fact that Sleeper Simulant and Raze-Lighter both exist now, makes me think it won't change much or at all aside from the light level increase. Both of those are capable of at least as much damage as Gjallarhorn, if not more. Didn't Sleeper Simulant turn out to be more effective, provided you hit criticals? And Raze-Lighter is definitely the king.

To me, it makes perfect sense to have Raze-Lighter at the top, but with the drawback of having to get close. Next in line, Sleeper Simulant, without that drawback but slightly harder to use than Gjallarhorn due to having to hit criticals to maximize it. Then next in line, Gjallarhorn with a bit less damage than either of those, but easy to use and virtually guaranteed to hit. In order to fit that lineup, Gjallarhorn SHOULD do more damage than pretty much anything except those 2 weapons. Which, if they change nothing but just bring it up to current light levels, seems likely to be the case.

It's still the best weapon in Y1 content, imo*

by ProbablyLast, Thursday, June 09, 2016, 13:10 (2929 days ago) @ stabbim
edited by ProbablyLast, Thursday, June 09, 2016, 13:23

It melts Taken Champions and legacy strikes even faster than the sword. You just need Y1 Heavy Ammo perks to maximize inventory.

*I have not played with the Sleeper, so I can't compare the two.

I for one welcome our new cyber overlords

by Durandal, Thursday, June 09, 2016, 11:23 (2929 days ago) @ Argent_17

A giant fallen scrap monster! Evil Tron cyber orbs! Digital Dregs! More missions in Rasputin's bunker! GH 2.0! All of this is excellent.

We've had hints of course. Some one woke Rasputin, and has been analyzing Fallen technology in his bunker test lab. The new Fallen look very Metal Gear, much like Rasputin's bunker and the Sleeper Simulant. Could code from Sepkis Prime, or another earlier Servitor have merged with another human AI to form a corrupted digital plague?

Not every human AI was a Warmind, or had it's kind of defenses. In the messy post apocalypic future we could have any number of cross contamination scenarios. Now I just need a daft punk / John Williams collaboration on the theme music for this expansion.

Tentatively Excited

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, June 09, 2016, 12:07 (2929 days ago) @ Argent_17

As much as I'd personally like to see Destiny 2, I'm optimistic about more PvE content (you know, now that they've de-stupid-ed the Infusion system).

Plus I really want that hammer. Looks like it has potential to be Raze-Lighter 2.0.

Rise of Iron Trailer *SP*

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, June 09, 2016, 12:57 (2929 days ago) @ Argent_17

Maybe it's just a skin for the weapon and you can still have vanilla flavored death and destruction?

That's what I'm assuming/hoping. Having to pre-order in order to get one at all seems a bit much.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, June 09, 2016, 13:03 (2929 days ago) @ Argent_17
edited by MacAddictXIV, Thursday, June 09, 2016, 13:08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKxhBMsArBM
It has returned. Not sure How I feel about it being a pre-order bonus though. Maybe it's just a skin for the weapon and you can still have vanilla flavored death and destruction?

I'm just going to wait till the stream, cause they will be playing the trailer right before and it won't look like shit :-)

On a side note, the hammer that Saladin has is what I've always wanted for us Titans.

I mean you don't see hunters with this
[image]

Or a Stormcaller with
[image]

So why do Titans have to have this!?
[image]

Okay, done with my Toy hammer rant :-D

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, June 09, 2016, 13:40 (2929 days ago) @ Argent_17

Sure hope they're not asking $40 for it like the last one.

by electricpirate @, Thursday, June 09, 2016, 14:23 (2929 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Sure hope they're not asking $40 for it like the last one.

Content wise it sounds like a really good deal at 20, okay at 30, and laughable at 40, ast least per the standards of what we've seen from other Destiny content.

So Pumped *SP*

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, June 09, 2016, 13:42 (2929 days ago) @ Argent_17

For SNOOOOOOW

It's gone.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, June 09, 2016, 13:53 (2929 days ago) @ Argent_17

Copyright takedown.

Guessing it'll be back later today.

Anyone Downloaded?

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, June 09, 2016, 14:17 (2929 days ago) @ Argent_17

- No text -

Anyone Downloaded?

by peaksutah, Thursday, June 09, 2016, 14:22 (2929 days ago) @ Morpheus

if you can handle the guy talking at the start...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7zJme_4vCY

Anyone Downloaded?

by Argent_17, Thursday, June 09, 2016, 14:24 (2929 days ago) @ peaksutah

Bah! Ya beat me to it

Anyone Downloaded?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, June 09, 2016, 14:24 (2929 days ago) @ peaksutah

Hmm...Still 'Removed'.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, June 09, 2016, 15:27 (2929 days ago) @ peaksutah

- No text -

It's back up.. must credit Durandal

by Durandal, Thursday, June 09, 2016, 15:05 (2929 days ago) @ Morpheus

Here is the sparrow racing part.

https://youtu.be/qor5Rn7glaU?t=197

Oh My God, The Graphics Are Incredible!!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, June 09, 2016, 15:27 (2929 days ago) @ Durandal

Thanks, I actually do need this video--I've got Rare Replay. And when even Wikipedia says it's one of the hardest games of all time, a little trepidation is in order!

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, June 09, 2016, 17:26 (2929 days ago) @ Morpheus

Thanks, I actually do need this video--I've got Rare Replay. And when even Wikipedia says it's one of the hardest games of all time, a little trepidation is in order!

It's dang tough. One month many years ago I was trying to beat it (on emulator with save points) by playing every single stage back to back. I was unable to pass Stage 11: Clinger Winger.

Beating it is still on my list of todo's.

by Durandal, Thursday, June 09, 2016, 19:47 (2929 days ago) @ dogcow

I have it somewhere, and surprisingly the cartridge is not broken from massive, massive frustration.

I dream of this.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, June 09, 2016, 17:22 (2929 days ago) @ Durandal

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread