My guess (Destiny)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, June 09, 2016, 13:05 (2929 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

Probably not at all. It was already nerfed a while back, they made the wolfpack rounds do less damage. I don't think any of us noticed much since that was (IIRC) around the same time it became partially-irrelevant due to not being a Y2 weapon.

That, combined with the fact that Sleeper Simulant and Raze-Lighter both exist now, makes me think it won't change much or at all aside from the light level increase. Both of those are capable of at least as much damage as Gjallarhorn, if not more. Didn't Sleeper Simulant turn out to be more effective, provided you hit criticals? And Raze-Lighter is definitely the king.

To me, it makes perfect sense to have Raze-Lighter at the top, but with the drawback of having to get close. Next in line, Sleeper Simulant, without that drawback but slightly harder to use than Gjallarhorn due to having to hit criticals to maximize it. Then next in line, Gjallarhorn with a bit less damage than either of those, but easy to use and virtually guaranteed to hit. In order to fit that lineup, Gjallarhorn SHOULD do more damage than pretty much anything except those 2 weapons. Which, if they change nothing but just bring it up to current light levels, seems likely to be the case.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread