Crucible with new guns. (Destiny)

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Saturday, June 11, 2016, 06:08 (2927 days ago)

I've been pushing myself to try Hand Cannons and Fusion rifles, two things I hated in early Destiny. I've been trying Hawkmoon, Y2 Lord High Fixer and TDYK, Plan C, the Vacancy. I don't really like any of these slower firing, harder hitting guns. I've found that I really like the split shifter pro with super fast charge rate, and the Omolon Kumakatok HC4, with faster RoF and lower impact.

My split shifter has some sweet perks with rifled barrel and rangefinder, and rescue mag proc's often giving me plenty of ammo. It is a great counter for shotty rushers and shoulder chargers. Lure em around the corner and burn em down. Just don't expect to kill anything far away. It just outdoes Lord of Wolves range. Here's a nice vid of what it'll do.

I have no idea why I'm liking the Omolon HC4. The stats are crap, while the perks are ok. Outlaw and Luck in the chamber on a 9 round mag. Range & stability are average but this thing just works for me, so I keep using it. I find it harder to hit targets reliably with slower HC's even with better stability and range for some reason. I can spam the crap out of this one though and keep it pretty well on target.

Cant handle these colour settings

by Raflection, Saturday, June 11, 2016, 15:39 (2927 days ago) @ red robber

You must be high armour to withstand that shoulder charge

Hip fire with that HC seems really inaccurate

Plan C

by Old Fire Thief @, Silverton, OR, Sunday, June 12, 2016, 10:38 (2926 days ago) @ red robber

I havent tried hand cannons beyond the exotics and Eyesluna, but Plan C has become my default special. If you can get the timing just right to proc the quick charge, then plan c has the bet of both worlds, range and speed. It has saved my bacon from a bunch of shotgun rushers. With that and a heavy scout i have almost full map coverage.

Plan C

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Monday, June 13, 2016, 01:00 (2925 days ago) @ Old Fire Thief

I suck with Plan C, I always miss the couple of rounds I need to complete a kill. I also can't get the timing right for the quick shots. :(

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread