So the Heroic Strike playlist is loads of fun now :) (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 17:51 (2932 days ago)

Ran 5 or 6 heroic strikes with randos last night... it was a blast! Adding modifiers to the playlist is a huge improvement, IMO. Made things a bit crazier and more exciting, easier in some ways, more challenging in others. Running the super-shank strike with Arc Burn was awesome... made portions of the strike way more intense than they usually are (fallen drop ships, arc streams), but still manageable.

Anyone else tried the heroic strike playlist yet?
Thoughts?

Is it new modifiers every run, or weekly?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 18:01 (2932 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Weekly (pretty sure).

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 18:02 (2932 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Yep. Lots of fun.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 18:03 (2932 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Makes it a bit hard to determine how powerful Arc Blade or Fist of Havoc is now though... Since they kill anything below an outright boss instantly :p

Finished my Striker Quest!

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 18:07 (2932 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I was able to finish my striker quest yesterday on the Heroic Strike Playlist during the Undying Mind (or was that just on the regular strike? I forget).

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 18:08 (2932 days ago) @ dogcow

I was able to finish my striker quest yesterday on the Heroic Strike Playlist during the Undying Mind (or was that just on the regular strike? I forget).

I basically gave up on that! I'm so happy that I can finally finish it now.

Load omnigul -> Run to Steppes -> super 3 hive majors

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 18:12 (2932 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

>feeling sheepish<

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 18:12 (2932 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 18:12 (2932 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I basically gave up on that! I'm so happy that I can finally finish it now.

It's been **AGES** for me..

Speaking Of, I Need To Do That...

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 22:35 (2932 days ago) @ dogcow

- No text -

I'm so glad :)

by electricpirate @, Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 18:08 (2932 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Ran 5 or 6 heroic strikes with randos last night... it was a blast! Adding modifiers to the playlist is a huge improvement, IMO. Made things a bit crazier and more exciting, easier in some ways, more challenging in others. Running the super-shank strike with Arc Burn was awesome... made portions of the strike way more intense than they usually are (fallen drop ships, arc streams), but still manageable.

Anyone else tried the heroic strike playlist yet?
Thoughts?

I haven't dug in (woo 12 hour days at work :/) but I'm looking forward to it. year 1, heroic strikes were my favorite thing, and the fact that they were making it a playlist was exciting!

Then they took away the skull and it got stale pretty quickly. Now that it's back (and better!) I'm really looking forward to it.

Probably will give it a go this evening. =)

by slycrel ⌂, Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 18:32 (2932 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Cool! I'll probably jump online too :)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 21:21 (2932 days ago) @ slycrel

- No text -

So the Heroic Strike playlist is loads of fun now :)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, June 16, 2016, 04:59 (2932 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Wait, you LIKED having the fallen dropships be MORE intense? The ones at the Warsat bit?

Have you ever considered that you might be suffering from a mental illness? That's just a rhetorical question because you clearly are.

That's not more fun, that's a massacre!

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, June 16, 2016, 10:54 (2931 days ago) @ stabbim

- No text -

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, June 16, 2016, 11:50 (2931 days ago) @ stabbim
edited by CruelLEGACEY, Thursday, June 16, 2016, 12:22

Wait, you LIKED having the fallen dropships be MORE intense? The ones at the Warsat bit?

So I normally find that section frustrating, but having Arc Burn means we were able to blast the turrets off the dropships fairly quickly with our Arc sniper rifles. I got lucky in that my 2 random teammates were both on the ball, both had the right weapons equipped, and we all were on the same page even without communicating. As each ship arrived we would work as quickly as possible to take out the turrets before we got wiped out. Intense, but fun :)

Have you ever considered that you might be suffering from a mental illness? That's just a rhetorical question because you clearly are.

Agreed ;)

by electricpirate @, Thursday, June 16, 2016, 12:58 (2931 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Omg you can shot them off? That would have been good to know :p

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, June 16, 2016, 13:04 (2931 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

So I normally find that section frustrating, but having Arc Burn means we were able to blast the turrets off the dropships fairly quickly with our Arc sniper rifles.

Oh, I see! Sometimes I forget that's even possible. Takes a lot of shooting without a burn active.

10 wipes on that part

by electricpirate @, Thursday, June 16, 2016, 12:57 (2931 days ago) @ stabbim

10 wipes with 2x randos all 305 ish light. Rainbow Titans!!

It's tough! I loved it!

The turrets and stealth vandals are the big issues.

2 or 3 turret shots can bring you down so keep your head on swivel and get cover when the skiff comes. Position one guy off the Warsat to stop the stealth vandals or draw skiff fire.

Plan c is an excellent choice. Lots of ammo and it can one shot the majors easily

The rest is easy peasey

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread