Time to Grind. Nightfall Edition (Destiny)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, June 16, 2016, 14:37 (3025 days ago)

Thanks to Zero, Nico and Xzzy last night for helping to grind before and after the raid last night.

This screenshot sums up the after raid run pretty well.

[image]

I ended up having around 9 Grasps of Malok Drop and probably a Dozen Bonds drop.

The best drop I received was a Counterbalance, Speed Reload, Glass Half Full combo. Pretty happy with that, but still want a "God" tier roll.

Methods were as follows.

Nightstalker (Black Hole, Light of the Pack, Predator) Bad Juju, Solar 1000YS, Harrowed Terminus MG, Crest of Alpha Lupi Chest.

Two Nighthawk Hunters (Deadeye, Scavenger since Keyhole is given with the helmet, Over the Horizon)
- 1 w/ Bad Juju, Solar Fusion, Solar Rocket
- 1 w/ Solar Sniper and Raze Lighter.

We would tether next to Omnigul and then nighthawk her. If that didn't finish her off or if we missed then the solar snipers and raze lighter would finish her off quickly. The biggest key we found was to tether either the rocks to the left, or the wall to the right of her. If you tether directly then you have a very high chance to block the GG shots.

Running Bad Juju allowed us to rebuild supers very quickly.

It's definitely a fun time and you get TONS of weapons parts and armor materials since the blue engrams she drops automatically decode in your inventory.

I'm looking forward to doing a few more runs this week.

Time to Grind. Nightfall Edition

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, June 16, 2016, 14:58 (3025 days ago) @ unoudid

Yeah, Destroyo had been talking about that Strategy. Sounds fun and productive!

I definitely need loot. Also, what would you say was the average light level of the loot? Could it help bump up a low-level chump like me? :v

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, June 16, 2016, 15:06 (3025 days ago) @ Korny

Light level drops were just the same as they normally were with the +/- 5 of your currently light level. I kept getting 334/335 drops depending on what my current light level was. even when running as a 332 (stupid 310 nighthawk helm) the lowest I received was a 334.

Once we figured out that the shadowshot can block the GG things took a dramatic turn for the better. We could farm very quickly.

the biggest issue we ran into with speed was sometimes not getting enough orbs or kills if Omnigul would be able to start going up hill before we killed her. the masses of thrall w/ a random knight smacking you was rough while trying to knock that last sliver of health off her.

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Thursday, June 16, 2016, 15:11 (3025 days ago) @ unoudid

I used a very similar strategy last night, except the gunslingers used Teleso instead of Bad Juju. The Celestial Nighthawk has the "special kills build super" perk, so we could build our super up and create small orbs.

So far my best drop has been Red Dot-OAS, Counterblance, Perfect Balance, Feeding Frenzy. Looking forward to more tonight!

One of my 98% Dream rolls

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, June 16, 2016, 15:21 (3025 days ago) @ Chappy

Telesto is definitely an interesting choice. We might want to try that out tonight. we had some trouble early on not landing the GG shots, so solar snipers were pretty much a must.

That roll sounds rad.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, June 16, 2016, 15:25 (3025 days ago) @ Chappy

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread