Inverse Shadow vs Second Thoughts (Destiny)

by Oholiab @, Thursday, June 16, 2016, 18:41 (3024 days ago)

I noticed for the first time last night that my favorite helmet (A. Symbiote) has both Inverse Shadow and Second Thoughts:

Inverse Shadow: increased Super energy gained from killing minions of the Darkness.

Second Thoughts: gain bonus Super energy from Special Weapon kills on minions of the Darkness.

It seems to me that they do the same thing (grant more super energy), but the first is by killing minions any ol' way, and the second is only by killing them with Special Weapons.

So... Why would I ever choose Second Thoughts over IS? Am I missing something in my interpretation? Is it strange that both perks would show up on the same piece of gear?

Maybe their values are different?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, June 16, 2016, 18:51 (3024 days ago) @ Oholiab

Common sense dictates Second Thought should grant more Super than Inverse Shadow. Who's up for some science?

Inverse Shadow vs Second Thoughts

by electricpirate @, Thursday, June 16, 2016, 19:22 (3024 days ago) @ Oholiab

I noticed for the first time last night that my favorite helmet (A. Symbiote) has both Inverse Shadow and Second Thoughts:

Inverse Shadow: increased Super energy gained from killing minions of the Darkness.

Second Thoughts: gain bonus Super energy from Special Weapon kills on minions of the Darkness.

It seems to me that they do the same thing (grant more super energy), but the first is by killing minions any ol' way, and the second is only by killing them with Special Weapons.

So... Why would I ever choose Second Thoughts over IS? Am I missing something in my interpretation? Is it strange that both perks would show up on the same piece of gear?

I think Datto did a video where all the "Gain super for x" gave as much value as inverse shadow. So basically, inverse shadow is flat out better, use that.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, June 16, 2016, 19:41 (3024 days ago) @ ZackDark

I must have had this thought a hundred times. So far, I have actually bothered to test it 0 times.

So the new perks are worse with no trade-offs? ¬¬

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, June 16, 2016, 19:45 (3024 days ago) @ electricpirate

- No text -

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, June 16, 2016, 20:08 (3024 days ago) @ stabbim

I must have had this thought a hundred times. So far, I have actually bothered to test it 0 times.

lol - my stats are identical to yours. :)

I can confirm.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, June 16, 2016, 20:35 (3024 days ago) @ electricpirate

I did test this and didn't notice anything, but figured I was an idiot. I assumed that if they were different they were so substantially similar I didn't care.

Once I discovered during HoW that ammo perks were not created equally I made sure to extremely casually test all the ones I was interested in.

Grenade kills gain more super energy APPEARS to give you more than inverse shadow, IMO. But the frequency of use is sufficiently low it's not even worth considering.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread