50 Marks for 5,000 Glimmer--Yea or Nay? (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, June 19, 2016, 04:19 (2929 days ago)

- No text -

Buying Marks? No. Buying Glimmer? Eh, ok.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, June 19, 2016, 04:41 (2929 days ago) @ Morpheus

That's way too many marks for the low cost of glimmer.

The other way around, not so bad, but should be a bit more glimmer. Maybe 20k?

Pls no.

by ProbablyLast, Sunday, June 19, 2016, 11:44 (2928 days ago) @ ZackDark

If they make glimmer purchasable, they will just nerf how much of it drops from enemies again. No thanks.

I'm all for making marks purchasable, but that will never happen.

50 Marks for 5,000 Glimmer--Yea or Nay?

by Kahzgul, Sunday, June 19, 2016, 12:41 (2928 days ago) @ Morpheus

I'm unclear on which you're buying. Are you buying 50 marks at the cost of 5000 glimmer, or does it cost you 50 marks to buy 5000 glimmer? Totally unclear.

Regardless, there's no point in having separate currencies if they're easily interchangeable. Marks are valuable because they can buy cool stuff and are relatively rare. Glimmer is less valuable but is sort of needed for basic items and vanity things like emblems and ships.

I guess I could use something other than heavy ammo synths to buy with my glimmer right now (or a rare quality spaceship... C'mon already!) but the problem isn't a lack of access to marks so much as it's a crappy cycle of things to buy with glimmer a the various randomly seeded and foolishly un-curated vendors.

Seriously, how hard would it be to make Holiday always sell 3 white ships, 2 greens, and 1 blue? Problem f-ing solved, yo.

Yeah, I Worded That Wrong.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, June 19, 2016, 12:51 (2928 days ago) @ Morpheus

Didn't even think about it at the time of posting!

I meant using 50 Marks to buy 5,000 Glimmer.

50 Marks for 5,000 Glimmer--Yea or Nay?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, June 19, 2016, 14:16 (2928 days ago) @ Morpheus

Why can't glimmer morph into marks? I read the grimoire card.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread