Thoughts on possible new PvP Game Mode? (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 13:58 (2925 days ago)

So, I'm curious what people think the new game mode will be.

My first thoughts were some variation of Juggernaut or Oddball, maybe CTF (Steal their light Guardian!).

What could the possible tweaks to Juggernaut be (aside from shields)? Increased charge rates?

Thoughts on possible new PvP Game Mode?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 14:03 (2925 days ago) @ dogcow

I have no idea what the mode itself will be like, but I've heard from several places (a guy who knows a guy type stuff, so take it with a huge grain of salt) that the new game type will be 12v12, or something in that range.

All hail our current-gen overlords

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 14:18 (2925 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

12v12 Mayhem pls.

by ProbablyLast, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 14:28 (2925 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

256-Player FFA Swat Fiesta on Cold Storage. ;-)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 18:14 (2925 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

- No text -

That sounds... nightmarish

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 14:30 (2925 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

At least, from a connectivity standpoint.

I played a single game of inferno 6v6 last night for the weekly slot machine box. Teleporting players and red-bars all over the place.

Personally, I think we're due for some multi-team.

That sounds... nightmarish

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 16:17 (2925 days ago) @ CyberKN

Personally, I think we're due for some multi-team.

I think multi-team would be a lot of fun. Four teams of three. A control variant of multi-team would be interesting.

by electricpirate @, Thursday, June 23, 2016, 20:13 (2924 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I have no idea what the mode itself will be like, but I've heard from several places (a guy who knows a guy type stuff, so take it with a huge grain of salt) that the new game type will be 12v12, or something in that range.

That sounds kinda terrible, destiny is so intimate, I'd miss that.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 14:21 (2925 days ago) @ dogcow

My first thoughts were some variation of Juggernaut or Oddball, maybe CTF (Steal their light Guardian!).

What could the possible tweaks to Juggernaut be (aside from shields)? Increased charge rates?

Odds are that it would have to fit with the existing maps. That said, Rift is not available on any of the Launch maps (and only on a couple of non-TTK maps), so who knows if it could have its own dedicated maps.

I'd love to see a larger-scale gametype that takes advantage of bigger maps such as Bastion and First Light (maybe even the awful Skyshock), but the best that I can think of would be a BTB style gametype that might get too frantic.

If I had to guess, I'm going to say that it's likely going to be a King of the Hill gametype, since all of the things needed for one already exist (though a Hardpoint variant would be less grief-friendly).

What I would love to see is a Juggernaut gametype that gives the juggernaut Saladin's Flaming Axe. That would be fun...

Vehicle based game mode

by Durandal, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 15:03 (2925 days ago) @ Korny

I'd like to see a vehicle based game mode, using the larger maps. We already have a variant of CTF in Rift. There is still an option for some variant of "Kill the man with the ball" and infection game types. Please Bungie, I need my space magic warthog so I can drive off cliffs with my hapless teammates along for the ride.

A Halo 5 style large map with PVP and PVE would be pretty awesome (i.e. our enemies crash our crucible party, everyone teams up to take them out) I've tried that mode in Halo 5 and while fun, the card mechanic makes it pretty daunting for new players, and the maps are a bit too large for the number of people in them.

Vehicle based game mode

by SonofMacPhisto @, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 16:29 (2925 days ago) @ Durandal

Hear hear for the vehicle based game mode. Introduce the secret Guardian vehicle, an ancient power recovered from the Golden Age, the Wartpig! Grab two of your friends, mount up, and tear around the battlefield in this four wheeled turreted murder machine.

;)

Vehicle based game mode

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 16:34 (2925 days ago) @ Durandal

A...map with PVP and PVE would be pretty awesome.

It'd be awesome to have Randal the Vandal or maybe Urzok the Hated running around during matches. Just some random character there to grief everyone. You are sitting there sniping then all of the sudden you get smacked by the knight. sounds fun.

Either that, or just have the enemies move against each other mid match.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 17:18 (2925 days ago) @ Korny

What I would love to see is a Juggernaut gametype that gives the juggernaut Saladin's Flaming Axe. That would be fun...

I would love to see all the unique weapons from PvE make an appearance in PvP. They could be timed power weapons on the map. Use the relic from VoG as a portable bubble shield. Kill people with slams from Crota's sword. Blast people with a scortch cannon.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 17:19 (2925 days ago) @ bluerunner

I would love to see all the unique weapons from PvE make an appearance in PvP. They could be timed power weapons on the map. Use the relic from VoG as a portable bubble shield. Kill people with slams from Crota's sword. Blast people with a scortch cannon.

It wouldn't surprise me to see some sort of relic based gametype. It could be a lot of fun!

I'd like steal the bacon.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 15:10 (2925 days ago) @ dogcow

I have extremely limited memories of Myth, but I do remember this being amusing.

Hardcore mode

by Raflection, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 15:49 (2925 days ago) @ dogcow

Players competing have disabled supers, grenades, melees.

They can only use 1 of set primaries (like alpha/beta)
And get a sidearm.

Hardcore mode

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 20:19 (2925 days ago) @ Raflection

Add in curated gear (uniform perk availability) and a small set of camo shaders for it (like, actual camo) and I'm all for it. Make all the weapons subdued, too. To add to the aesthetic.

Double Rift?

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 16:08 (2925 days ago) @ dogcow

Have a spark at each end and you get reverse CTF/assault. Probably wouldn't even take that much work to do compared to regular rift.

Sooo.... Drift? I'll see myself out.

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 16:50 (2925 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

- No text -

Genius, trademark it!

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 16:57 (2925 days ago) @ Kahzgul

- No text -

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 16:27 (2925 days ago) @ dogcow

I'd love to see some other items introduced to the PvP side. If there was a "Big Team" variant added then we could have some cool possibilities. The control beacons we some times get in PvE could be added. limited use turrets could be deployed at those beacons. Maybe this is a type of king of the hill gametype (rift/control variation)

Also Mayhem shows that they are willing to have a little fun. This could easily be modified into a juggernaut type of game. make this a 6 person free for all. The juggernaut gets extra shields, super quick punches and recharges, increase movement speed. To counter this, No weapons or maybe primaries only when being the juggernaut.

I really hope in Destiny 2 that they allow some form of Forge/Custom Games. Giving people tools to build things just brings out the best in the creativity of your player base.

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 16:44 (2925 days ago) @ dogcow

How about the Juggernaut get's mayhem-level recharge rates? They would be pretty terrifying without even bothering to tweak their shields.

Six teams of 2, four teams of 3, or three teams of 4, plz.

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 16:49 (2925 days ago) @ dogcow

Why can't we have game modes like that? Even a three teams of 2 mode would be fun. More targets to shoot at, but only you and your buddy to rely upon.

And for the love of god can we get a game mode that lets us organize vs. matches with our friends? You know, like a custom pvp match mode???

Headhunter!

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 17:45 (2925 days ago) @ dogcow

Please?

Is Destiny too serious for "Fun" gametypes?

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 17:59 (2925 days ago) @ dogcow

This is more of a random thought then a well thought out idea.

But is Destiny just too serious of a game to allow some of the fun and crazy gametypes like we had in Halo? I'm trying to think of how a game like Headhunter would fit grimoire wise and such. Rift deals with this by having the spark be a relic. How about other games types? How would those work? Mayhem doesn't really fit in the sense that are supposed to show what we can do when we have no limits. If that was really the case, then why do we have limits when fighting enemies that want to rid humans from existence?

Sports

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 18:04 (2925 days ago) @ unoudid

At least, that's how I think SRL fits into the Destiny universe. You can work all the time, sometimes you just have to play.

No. Dancing is Canon.

by Robot Chickens, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 18:18 (2925 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

^ This ^

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 18:57 (2925 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

The grimoire has already taken steps towards addressing the fact that the guardians behave like lunatics in many ways... it seems fitting to me that a group of super-powered zombies who can repeatedly come back from the dead would find new and exciting ways to blow each other up in their search for lulz and loot.

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 21:41 (2925 days ago) @ unoudid

Direct Light feeds. In zones with more darkness we have more limits.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 21:42 (2925 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Direct Light feeds. In zones with more darkness we have more limits.

Space magic steroids.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread