Did the enemies in the video seem too easy to anyone else?

by urk, Thursday, July 04, 2013, 13:01 (3961 days ago) @ Jabberwok

I don't really know how difficulty levels will be handled, if there are any, but those enemies seemed like a cake walk. I really hope the Fallen are tougher than that in the final game. Of all the enemy types, they seem the most similar to elites, but an elite would never drop from a single headshot unless it was from a sniper rifle. Maybe they dialed things down for the live demo?

Difficulty is always something that gets dialed in over time. At pre-alpha, you can play builds from one day to the next that feel radically different as multiple systems undergo rapid iteration. One of the challenges specific to a demo crafted for stage is that you have to hit a very rigid running time.

The Fallen aren't really analogous to the Elites. The Fallen are more readily comparable to the Covenant as a whole. Even a small crew, like we showcased inside the Wall, can offer up a really rich variety of combatants, from Shanks to Dregs to Captains to Majors and Ultras (and more). Some, like the Dregs, are fodder for a Guardian. Others, like a Captain commanding a more rugged crew, will spell trouble for seasoned fireteams. Of course, you also have bigger stuff like the Devil Walker in the mix as well, and I haven't written a single word yet about the Vex or the Cabal or the Hive, which are as richly distinct and varied as the Fallen themselves.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread