Mind. Blown. (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, August 19, 2016, 18:12 (2779 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV
edited by Cody Miller, Friday, August 19, 2016, 18:17

If your Super fills up too quickly, you get less energy in return (picking up an orb when you first start playing will fill your Super up by a large chunk. Pop your Super, and the next orb that you pick up will give you considerably less).

I am pretty sure that you get the same amount of super form orbs each time. The difference is that there are big and small orbs. Small orbs fill less, big ones more. The game tracks how much of your super energy has been filled by orbs and abilities vs other methods. If the majority of your super was filed with orbs, then kills with your super generate small orbs. Otherwise, they make big orbs. Things like getting orbs off of perks I think are always big orbs.

You can see the difference if you look at them.

I had no idea.

Between things like this and people not knowing how Salvage scoring works, I think Bungie might have a bit of problem with the clarity and discoverability of their game systems.

Seems to me like every player should know exactly how the individual systems work, but not necessarily how to combine or exploit them. That's up to them to discover :-)

You can describe how every weapon works and how to do every move in Vanquish, but very few players would be able to them put that together and play like this.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread