What does a Ghost look like? (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 21:03 (2855 days ago)

Ok, obviously, a Ghost looks like this...

[image]

...but pretend you don't have the picture. How would you describe a Ghost if you saw one for the first time? What is it shaped like? How does its shell move? I've been trying to describe one for the past couple of days and it's a really interesting complex shape made out of simple parts that's hard to describe simply. I'll post my own description later, but I wondered if anybody here wanted to give it a go. :)

Challenge accepted

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 21:27 (2855 days ago) @ Ragashingo

If you attach a single tetrahedron to each facet of an octahedron, you get something pretty damn close to a Ghost. You'd need to hollow it out and place the eye there, though.

The float animation is when you have these same tetrahedra detach at a set distance from each of their respective face's normal and rotate around the normal of the quadrilateral plane of the octahedron. You also get some trippy blue lights with it.

Perhaps we should have sent a poet...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 21:45 (2855 days ago) @ ZackDark

...instead of an engineer? :p

:p

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 21:47 (2855 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

What does a Ghost look like?

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 22:19 (2855 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Someone dropped a magic 8-ball into a kleenex box and then smashed all of the box's corners inward.

Haha. Surprisingly accurate! :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 22:25 (2855 days ago) @ uberfoop

- No text -

There's your poet

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 22:33 (2855 days ago) @ uberfoop

That was beautiful

Hey, you stole my Magic 8-ball bit!

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Thursday, September 01, 2016, 01:14 (2855 days ago) @ uberfoop

Someone dropped a magic 8-ball into a kleenex box and then smashed all of the box's corners inward.

Hey, you stole my Magic 8-ball bit! I've been thinking that one for 2 years. Kleenex Box part is genious.

If I had photoshop, and any skill whatsoever with it, I would put a Magic 8-ball window onto the "eye" of a Ghost.

[image]

[image]

Woah, what's up with the SD card there?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, September 01, 2016, 01:16 (2855 days ago) @ Pyromancy

- No text -

That's the slot for uploading a Smart AI... obviously...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, September 01, 2016, 02:14 (2855 days ago) @ ZackDark
edited by Ragashingo, Thursday, September 01, 2016, 02:28

It's like you've never played Destiny 5: Spartans

What does a Ghost look like?

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Thursday, September 01, 2016, 12:29 (2855 days ago) @ Ragashingo

For the D&D players:
A ghost is shaped like two D4 dice intersecting each other, so that it looks like there's a small D4 placed on each face of a larger D4. There's a spherical mechanical eye visible from a cutout at one of the places where the edges of the D4s intersect at right angles.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread