New Weapons Are Dropping (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, September 09, 2016, 02:43 (2838 days ago)

I got what appears to be a new Fallen themed hand cannon called Stolen Pride. But more interestingly, I've seen at least two Tresspassers, the new exotic Sidearm. Looks like people are getting new stuff from the Cryptarch at the very least. So... uh... decrypt away??

Can confirm

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, September 09, 2016, 03:20 (2838 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I had some exotic engrams sitting in my vault - decrypted two special weapons and the second one turned into a Tresspasser. I haven't decrypted any other engrams yet since the Tresspasser is the only one I've heard of dropping early.

As for your Stolen Pride - I'm pretty sure that's not new...

Can confirm

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, September 09, 2016, 03:32 (2838 days ago) @ Speedracer513

As for your Stolen Pride - I'm pretty sure that's not new...

Isn't that the PoE hand cannon?

Can confirm

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, September 09, 2016, 04:05 (2838 days ago) @ stabbim

Maybe. I'd never see it before at least. :p

New Weapons Are Dropping

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, September 09, 2016, 03:33 (2838 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I only logged on for a few minutes to test Fabian Strategy and surplus, but I got 2 green engrams, which is... odd.

New Weapons Are Dropping

by ProbablyLast, Friday, September 09, 2016, 04:34 (2838 days ago) @ stabbim

Every green and blue engram I received were level 39. I also definitely noticed an increase in green engrams.

New Weapons Are Dropping

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Friday, September 09, 2016, 04:41 (2838 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

I got about 6 green engrams running patrol for about 20 minutes.

Aww, I miss Green Engrams :')

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, September 09, 2016, 06:24 (2838 days ago) @ BeardFade

But not enough that I want them instead of blues, thanks.

New Weapons Are Dropping

by ProbablyLast, Friday, September 09, 2016, 04:35 (2838 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Got the new sidearm. It feels good for a sidearm, but I still wouldn't use it in PvE which is where I was playing tonight.

Also, new room in unexpected location... *Spoilers*

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, September 09, 2016, 11:56 (2838 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Apparently one of the quests will send you to a Warmind-esque room on Mars, which lore nuts might recall from Destiny-that-was news that it was the Warmind Charlemagne's bunker.

[image]

There's even a hint of SIVA spying on you behind one of the monitors (collecting dormant SIVA clusters is supposedly how we'll get one of the new exotics)...
[image]

You can go check it out now!

Looks like Ishtar Collective Archive rather then a bunker

by Durandal, Friday, September 09, 2016, 12:53 (2838 days ago) @ Korny

The terminal setup follows the art for the Archives more then Rasputin's bunker. The bunker art style is present from the get-go so I would not assume this is Charlemagne's vault.

Anyone else having ZERO luck with 3oC?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, September 09, 2016, 14:06 (2838 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Spent some time running heroic strikes last night and this morning, dropping 3oCs the entire time. Spent 18 in total without seeing a single exotic engram drop. Just bad luck, or did the update break them?

I thought they were already broken? XD

by slycrel ⌂, Friday, September 09, 2016, 14:08 (2838 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Earned an Exotic from a Taken patrol event today.

by DEEP_NNN, Friday, September 09, 2016, 14:10 (2838 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

2 here from the same

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, September 09, 2016, 15:07 (2838 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

Ive actually had better luck post-patch. RNG gonna R.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, September 09, 2016, 16:14 (2838 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Spent some time running heroic strikes last night and this morning, dropping 3oCs the entire time. Spent 18 in total without seeing a single exotic engram drop. Just bad luck, or did the update break them?

Got two last night, the first during the daily mission, the second in Crucible. Dropped a total of 6 3oC.

I think it's just bad luck.

by ProbablyLast, Saturday, September 10, 2016, 17:36 (2837 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I played a few heroics with Funk and he got 3 in a row. Just a cluster of good/bad luck.

Heroic Strikes Don't Drop Yellow.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, September 10, 2016, 18:45 (2837 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

No matter what.

It's been that way for a while, sadly. Bungie probably thought it would be too easy to farm.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, September 10, 2016, 19:05 (2837 days ago) @ Morpheus

No matter what.

It's been that way for a while, sadly. Bungie probably thought it would be too easy to farm.

Not true, 3oC works with Heroic strikes, I just got one this week. With PvE though it is important to realize the way that 3oC seems to work. It potentially turns legendary engrams into exotic from an Ultra kill. If it's less likely to drop a legendary engram, it's less likely to drop an exotic with a 3oC.

+1

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Saturday, September 10, 2016, 19:08 (2837 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Clarification

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, September 10, 2016, 19:16 (2837 days ago) @ Xenos

No matter what.

Not true, 3oC works with Heroic strikes, I just got one this week. With PvE though it is important to realize the way that 3oC seems to work. It potentially turns legendary engrams into exotic from an Ultra kill. If it's less likely to drop a legendary engram, it's less likely to drop an exotic with a 3oC.

Based on everything I've seen Bungie themselves say about 3oC, they have nothing to do with legendary drops. All the 3oC does is increase the likelihood of an exotic drop when completing activities that already have the potential to yield an exotic drop. They don't convert a legendary roll into an exotic or anything like that. So any time you get an exotic from a 3oC, it is because the activity you completed already has the potential to yield an exotic.

Clarification

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, September 10, 2016, 19:20 (2837 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Based on everything I've seen Bungie themselves say about 3oC, they have nothing to do with legendary drops. All the 3oC does is increase the likelihood of an exotic drop when completing activities that already have the potential to yield an exotic drop. They don't convert a legendary roll into an exotic or anything like that. So any time you get an exotic from a 3oC, it is because the activity you completed already has the potential to yield an exotic.

That's what they say yes, but based on lots of information collected by reddit users, it DOES seem to convert a legendary engram into an exotic (in PvE). I have rarely, (I honestly don't think I ever have) seen a legendary and an exotic drop at the same time with a 3oC. BUT I have seen 2 exotics drop probably 10 times from 3oC, and I've seen two legendary engrams drop at the same time without. Users on reddit noticed the same thing, if I can find the post about it I'll post it.

It's still speculation of course, no way to prove it without asking Bungie. And really, regardless, the important point is: it increases chances, but not TO a set amount, but on top of a set amount. So if you had a better chance getting one before, you have a better chance after using one.

Clarification

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, September 10, 2016, 19:40 (2837 days ago) @ Xenos

That's what they say yes, but based on lots of information collected by reddit users, it DOES seem to convert a legendary engram into an exotic (in PvE). I have rarely, (I honestly don't think I ever have) seen a legendary and an exotic drop at the same time with a 3oC. BUT I have seen 2 exotics drop probably 10 times from 3oC, and I've seen two legendary engrams drop at the same time without. Users on reddit noticed the same thing, if I can find the post about it I'll post it.

That logic doesn't make sense to me for a couple reasons.

Personally, I've had cases of double legendaries, double exotics, and a legendary/exotic split after completing a heroic strike, but not enough of any case to say that one is more common than the other. But setting that aside for a moment...

The way I understand post game drops is that you are given 2 separate "rolls of the dice" after completing a strike (hence the 2 reward slots in the post-game scoreboard). Each roll of the virtual dice includes the possibility of earning any of the items in the loot table for that activity, with different percentages assigned to each item. So, making up some numbers for example, each roll of the dice might have a 40% chance to earn a blue engram, 15% chance to earn a purple, and 5% chance to earn an exotic.
Since I get 2 rolls of the dice after each strike, it is theoretically possible (although highly unlikely) to earn 2 legendaries, or a legendary and an exotic, or even 2 exotics, without the help of 3oC.

Lets say for the sake of argument that while using 3oC, there are more cases of dual exotic drops than there are of legendary/exotic splits. If 3oC work by taking a legendary drop that is awarded by the dice and then "upgrading" it to an exotic, that means these players are naturally earning a legendary & exotic drop as rewards, the the 3oC is bumping the legendary up to another exotic. Yet statistically speaking, it should be impossible for a legendary+exotic drop combo to be more common than a dual legendary drop (because exotic drops are inherently less likely than legendary drops).

What I'm getting at is the logic here is false. If the 3oC work by taking legendary drops and upgrading them, that would not cause dual exotic drops to be more common than legendary+exotic combos.

What seems more likely to me is that 3oC operate exactly as Bungie has told us (minus the cooldown BS), and using them gives at least 1 of your 2 virtual dice rolls a higher chance of yielding an exotic. We don't know the actual numbers, but 3oC could conceivably bump the drop rates for exotics up to or above the rates of legendary drops, which would explain why dual exotic drops with 3oC are more common than legendary+exotic or dual legendary drops.

My head hurts, lol

Clarification

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, September 10, 2016, 19:56 (2837 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Lets say for the sake of argument that while using 3oC, there are more cases of dual exotic drops than there are of legendary/exotic splits. If 3oC work by taking a legendary drop that is awarded by the dice and then "upgrading" it to an exotic, that means these players are naturally earning a legendary & exotic drop as rewards, the the 3oC is bumping the legendary up to another exotic. Yet statistically speaking, it should be impossible for a legendary+exotic drop combo to be more common than a dual legendary drop (because exotic drops are inherently less likely than legendary drops).

I'm not actually sure I understand what you're saying in this paragraph, but the argument I've read is actually more along the lines of the chances are more likely to get a double because you have 3 possibly scenarios where you could get double exotics:

1. The first engram is a legendary which gets upgraded to an exotic, and the second was already an exotic
2. They both were legendaries that got both got upgraded to exotic (the theory here being since the chance is supposed to increase after each time you don't get an exotic it means you're also more likely to get double exotics the longer you don't get an exotic)
3. The first engram was exotic and the second was a legendary that got upgraded to an exotic

1 and 3 being separate is going off of the dice principle that you are rolling two dice instead of one. It is of course possible (though it seems less likely) that your rewards are rolled as one value instead of two, in which case 1 and 3 are not separate scenarios, but you can see the logic.

I honestly have no idea which one of us is right of course, but it's interesting to think about.

Clarification

by Harmanimus @, Saturday, September 10, 2016, 21:35 (2836 days ago) @ Xenos

For further discussion:

Example.

This is 09OCT15. So unless they have completely changed how they work it's more complicated than that.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, September 10, 2016, 19:49 (2837 days ago) @ Xenos

Over the past, I'd say two, three weeks(whichever ones had the Void burn), I did over 70 strikes over those weeks. I only switched characters maybe for two or three of them. Every single time, I had a 3oC, Vanguard Rep Boost, and whatever the name of the buff is that increased your chances of Legendaries if you stay in the playlist. 70 strikes, 70 coins, not only no exotics, OR Legendaries, but even fewer Blues than a normal completion. A buff that claims to offer more gives even less.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, September 10, 2016, 19:52 (2837 days ago) @ Morpheus

Over the past, I'd say two, three weeks(whichever ones had the Void burn), I did over 70 strikes over those weeks. I only switched characters maybe for two or three of them. Every single time, I had a 3oC, Vanguard Rep Boost, and whatever the name of the buff is that increased your chances of Legendaries if you stay in the playlist. 70 strikes, 70 coins, not only no exotics, OR Legendaries, but even fewer Blues than a normal completion. A buff that claims to offer more gives even less.

Two things, first: bad RNG, sorry man, every scenario is possible in a random system, and you got a really crappy one. Second: if it hasn't been ~ten minutes since you popped the last 3oC, it's generally a good idea NOT to use a 3oC again (despite what Bungie has said) or you probably won't get one the next time either.

All I know for absolute certain is I at least once a week get an exotic engram from Heroic strikes *shrug*.

by ProbablyLast, Saturday, September 10, 2016, 20:30 (2837 days ago) @ Morpheus

You got, at absolute bare minimum, one legendary engram a week from Heroics.

One, Then. :-)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, September 10, 2016, 21:17 (2836 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

I do get that required first one per week, I should've mentioned that--if THAT ever fails, then I'll ram my car through their front doors. ;-)

Yep. Of Course.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, September 12, 2016, 02:07 (2835 days ago) @ Xenos

Game set out to prove me wrong--very first Heroic strike after that post--Exotic Helmet.

[image]

lol

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, September 10, 2016, 19:17 (2837 days ago) @ Morpheus

No matter what.

That's actually not true. I've gotten plenty of exotics from Heroic strikes over the past year. Mostly while using 3oC, but even a couple without.

Ship / Emblem

by marmot 1333 @, Friday, September 09, 2016, 14:15 (2838 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I got a new ship from the vanguard and a new emblem from the Cryptarch.

Speaking of which...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, September 09, 2016, 15:36 (2838 days ago) @ marmot 1333

I got a new ship from the vanguard and a new emblem from the Cryptarch.

I vaguely recall someone saying at E3 that RoI would have another three sets of Playstation-exclusive armors, but I can't find anything about it online (The PS-exclusives page doesn't even have the April Update armors on it, so I can't really use that as a guide).

Has anyone decrypted any Sublime engrams since the patch to see? I'm a touch hesitant to gamble mine away too early.

New Weapons Are Dropping

by Kahzgul, Saturday, September 10, 2016, 15:02 (2837 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I got what appears to be a new Fallen themed hand cannon called Stolen Pride. But more interestingly, I've seen at least two Tresspassers, the new exotic Sidearm. Looks like people are getting new stuff from the Cryptarch at the very least. So... uh... decrypt away??

Stolen Pride used to be a reward from PoE 42. I've had one for months. Can't speak to the others you've got though.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread