Thanks to the Backpack Raiders! (Destiny)

by rellekh, PNW, Monday, September 19, 2016, 16:06 (2828 days ago)

Massive props to everyone that helped Robot Chickens and me make it through Kings Fall last night! Unoudid, thank you for the Oryx checkpoint. Not having to do Golgoroth/Daughters made the night much shorter, for which we are eternally grateful. Zero Point Fox, bless you for the pointers and the patience! INSANEdrive, thank you for the humor and enthusiasm. You kept us moving forward. BlazeRunner, Mig, and Claude, thank you for taking up the slack and helping us make it through. North, you are my hero. There's no way I could have gotten the MoT without your help. Hopefully this reads a tiny bit like liner notes. We ordered our t-shirts!

Glitch of the night: A phantom took over Zero's controller just as we hit sixteen bombs. Utterly bizarre.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Zero%20Point%20Fox/video/21674995

Thanks to the Backpack Raiders!

by Robot Chickens, Monday, September 19, 2016, 16:41 (2828 days ago) @ rellekh
edited by Robot Chickens, Monday, September 19, 2016, 17:15

I just wanted to jump in and share my own thoughts too.

In the midst of a crazy few months involving funerals, family emergencies, weddings, work-related travel, purchasing a home and moving, Rellekh and I haven't exactly had a lot of time to play Destiny and we saw our chances at finishing Year 2 MoT disappearing quickly. We needed a challenge mode win and a hard mode completion. When we saw that the challenges opened up this week, we decided to make a go of it on our one free evening. We were packing all week, moved on Friday/Saturday but internet wouldn't be set up until this next Tuesday, so we left our xboxes at the old place and set up camp on Sunday night.

[image]

It started out smoothly all the way through the War Priest with only one wipe. Then Unoudid rustled up an Oryx Checkpoint for us and we skipped ahead to the real challenge.

Every time I've attempted this, the group always gets really close and then something happens. One bomb doesn't detonate, or Oryx takes no damage from the bombs, or something else so demoralizing occurs that the crew splits up.

We had our share of that last night as well. Oryx straight-up possessed Zero's character at one point causing our team to wipe at the final round (see Rellekh's post for vid). But with perseverance, and Zero's patient coaching, we pulled through. I joyfully watched a million Destiny-related completion messages flicker across my screen as Oryx's lifeless body floated towards Saturn.

[image]

Thanks Mig and Wu for the final push! Rellekh already mentioned everyone so I won't do that again, but please know that you are all appreciated! You all are incredibly selfless and that's part of what makes this community great.

Congrats!

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, September 19, 2016, 16:48 (2828 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

I had the hardest part of this raid by far. Just glad I could help out.

Talking to randoms on the internet is way worse than doing the actual raid.

love the pic of the setup btw

Congrats!

by rellekh, PNW, Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 03:05 (2827 days ago) @ unoudid

Dude. Talking to randoms stresses me out. Totally the hardest part. ;)

by Claude Errera @, Monday, September 19, 2016, 17:09 (2828 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

[image]

This is the best thing. The best.

#priorities

by Robot Chickens, Monday, September 19, 2016, 17:12 (2828 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Congratulations! Love that image (:

by Oholiab @, Monday, September 19, 2016, 17:30 (2828 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

lol

by Funkmon @, Monday, September 19, 2016, 18:01 (2828 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Zero's patient coaching

+1

by ProbablyLast, Monday, September 19, 2016, 18:15 (2828 days ago) @ Funkmon

[image]

I was serious

by Robot Chickens, Monday, September 19, 2016, 18:28 (2828 days ago) @ Funkmon

Zero's patient coaching

I'm not going to lie and say that Zero isn't prone to frustration in Destiny. But he was genuinely patient and thoughtful and respected the skill level of the crew. More than a lot of others I have played with. Please don't turn a compliment into something else.

I was serious

by Funkmon @, Monday, September 19, 2016, 19:19 (2828 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Please don't turn a compliment into something else.

What, like a gag? Good point. I'll quit all the drollery. From now on, I'll stop all jokes that are relevant to the conversation and only tell those one-liners for which I am famed.

Wait

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, September 19, 2016, 19:32 (2828 days ago) @ Funkmon

From now on, I'll stop all jokes that are relevant to the conversation and only tell those one-liners for which I am famed.

What if the one-liners are relevant to the conversation?

I was serious

by ProbablyLast, Monday, September 19, 2016, 19:48 (2828 days ago) @ Funkmon

Stop mansplaining that it was a joke, pls.

We're all good.

by Robot Chickens, Monday, September 19, 2016, 19:49 (2828 days ago) @ Funkmon

Please don't turn a compliment into something else.

What, like a gag? Good point. I'll quit all the drollery. From now on, I'll stop all jokes that are relevant to the conversation and only tell those one-liners for which I am famed.

I probably should have left that last line out of my post and just let my clarification stand. I think I was mostly annoyed because I was attempting to highlight my gratitude for this attribute and your post subverted that and focused on highlighting the opposite.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, September 19, 2016, 21:01 (2828 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

So glad you guys (and Blazerunner) made it through. Oryx HM is no joke. Mig knew I was up for helping if needed but sounds like you had a AAA team. Zero is cool.

by rellekh, PNW, Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 03:01 (2827 days ago) @ Kermit

It would have been fun to play with you, but yeah we had a great crew. Next time? ;-)

by Zero @, Florida, Monday, September 19, 2016, 21:57 (2828 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

[image]

You were not kidding. Wow. I've never seen a house that empty. Just glad I could help, I wasn't doing anything Sunday night anyway.

by rellekh, PNW, Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 03:00 (2827 days ago) @ Zero

Well, we were nothing if not determined! The chairs were comfy and we had food and beverages. Thanks for the time!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, September 19, 2016, 19:21 (2828 days ago) @ rellekh

Massive props to everyone that helped Robot Chickens and me make it through Kings Fall last night! Unoudid, thank you for the Oryx checkpoint. Not having to do Golgoroth/Daughters made the night much shorter, for which we are eternally grateful. Zero Point Fox, bless you for the pointers and the patience! INSANEdrive, thank you for the humor and enthusiasm. You kept us moving forward. BlazeRunner, Mig, and Claude, thank you for taking up the slack and helping us make it through. North, you are my hero. There's no way I could have gotten the MoT without your help. Hopefully this reads a tiny bit like liner notes. We ordered our t-shirts!

------------------------------------------------------

INSANEdrive, thank you for the humor and enthusiasm. You kept us moving forward.

When you see it... ;). Happy to help.

I'm glad you all were able to make the final push.

That said, I apologize for the sloppiness of my play at the end. The mixture of fatigue and playing on a character that I don't main often, as well as my 20 or so light point difference to the rest of you was not a good mix.

Again, I'm glad you all were able to make the final push. Good luck in the new place!

by rellekh, PNW, Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 02:58 (2827 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

It was great playing with you. :-)

Congratulations, Guys!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 00:31 (2827 days ago) @ rellekh

And may your new home provide us with even larger mergers for Court of Oryx. ;-)

Congratulations, Guys!

by Robot Chickens, Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 00:42 (2827 days ago) @ Morpheus

And may your new home provide us with even larger mergers for Court of Oryx. ;-)

Thanks! There is a new equivalent to the Court of Oryx in Rise if Iron isn't there. Make it so.

It's a plan!

by rellekh, PNW, Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 03:02 (2827 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread