Felwinter Peak Is Really Beautiful. (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 04:41 (2835 days ago)

Brietzen, man....

I cannot wait.

;-)

I took some screenshots last night

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 10:15 (2835 days ago) @ Morpheus

Felwinter Peak is my favorite part of the whole expansion. It's beyond beautiful. I wish the entire game had more of this feel to it :)

[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

Warning! Weapon Spoilers in pictures!!!

by TheeChaos @, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 11:20 (2835 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I see you have been busy with questing! lol

Crap, sorry. Admin help?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 11:30 (2835 days ago) @ TheeChaos

It's too late for me to edit my post... Could one of the admins add a spoiler warning into the subject line for me? <3

It was in promotional material, not really a spoiler.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 11:59 (2835 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I mean, I don't really follow news videos and such too often, and I already knew the name and how you get it before the game launched. Apparently it wasn't 100% intentional, but it is what it is. :T

It was in promotional material, not really a spoiler.

by TheeChaos @, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 12:21 (2835 days ago) @ Korny

EVERYTHING IS A SPOILER.

For all intents and purposes, spoilers like that wouldn't bother me. I just know some peoples eyes are much more sensitive and could be irreparably damaged.

New Felwinter's Peak Challenge (Spoilers?)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 12:14 (2835 days ago) @ Morpheus

Your mission is to survive Guardian.

Assassin's Creed: Felwinter

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 15:00 (2834 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

Exactly what this felt like

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 17:45 (2834 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

New Felwinter's Peak Challenge (Spoilers?)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 15:16 (2834 days ago) @ unoudid

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/stabbim/video/21741633

Nice Bounce!!

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 17:44 (2834 days ago) @ stabbim

- No text -

Better

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 12:00 (2834 days ago) @ unoudid

Did this last night:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/stabbim/video/21763463

Perfectly executed. Well done

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, September 22, 2016, 12:16 (2834 days ago) @ stabbim

- No text -

That was smoother than a fresh jar of Skippy.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 13:03 (2833 days ago) @ stabbim

- No text -

Challenge Accepted

by Zero @, Florida, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 03:45 (2834 days ago) @ unoudid

And beat, flawlessly, with style.

Challenge Accepted

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, September 22, 2016, 12:44 (2833 days ago) @ Zero

Made it to the top last night for the last calcified, er dormant siva fragment that I needed for Gjallarhorn quest. Jumped down, survived but I landed part way down and had to jump a 2nd time.

Can I just say that climb can induce acrophobia in people not afraid of heights? After repeated times falling down I became literally frighted of falling, I even had a physical reaction while climbing that dang peak (stress... sweaty hands, slightly increased heart rate, etc.). I look forward to actually sherpa-ing friends up that thing. :)

Challenge Accepted

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 13:25 (2833 days ago) @ dogcow

Can I just say that climb can induce acrophobia in people not afraid of heights? After repeated times falling down I became literally frighted of falling, I even had a physical reaction while climbing that dang peak (stress... sweaty hands, slightly increased heart rate, etc.). I look forward to actually sherpa-ing friends up that thing. :)

It's amazing... I'm generally ok with heights, but I found myself reacting physically to the climb as well. The higher up I got, the more I found myself laser-focused on the next ledge in front of me. More and more, I was only looking just slightly ahead and slightly above. After a few minutes I realized what was happening. I was afraid to look down. It reminded me of the few times I've spent an afternoon 30 feet up a ladder, painting the front of my parents' house. The only way I could focus on the work at hand was to force myself to forget where I was. Never look down, never look away from the wall right in front of me. Climbing Felwinter Peak brought out similar feelings.

I survived!

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 17:44 (2833 days ago) @ unoudid

took me over 30 damn mins to get up there. i swear every time i got close to the top, i would fall, but would slide down the side at some point so that the respawn triggered at the damn bottom. If it weren't for the silva fragment, i might've given up.

I then spent a good 10 mins up there before attempting my jump, b/c i don't know if i'll ever go back up there again. I just watched all the other poor saps trying to get up there, lol.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread