Supremacy sucks (Destiny)

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 12:33 (2834 days ago)

You can safely call it shotguns only. It might be a bit more fun with a good team, but if you don't like shotguns and don't have a decent shotgun (I don't) then it's incredibly hard to do well. As soon as I'm done with the stupid quest line and bounties I'm never playing it again.

Supremacy is to shotguns what Trials is to snipers...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 12:37 (2834 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

... paradise. Only MORE so. It's all shotguns, all the time.

I found it infuriating. Finished the quest, don't plan on ever going back unless I'm with a fireteam and they drag me in kicking and screaming.

In the land of the shotgun....

by squidnh3, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 12:47 (2834 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Plan C is king.

I actually haven't tried it yet, but I'm planning (heh) to tonight. If it's anything like Rumble (mostly shotguns already), it should go fine.

Supremacy sucks

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 12:55 (2834 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

You can safely call it shotguns only. It might be a bit more fun with a good team, but if you don't like shotguns and don't have a decent shotgun (I don't) then it's incredibly hard to do well. As soon as I'm done with the stupid quest line and bounties I'm never playing it again.

Haven't played it yet, but Kill Confirmed is my favorite CoD gametype, so some tips apply:

-Keep mobile. You won't find too many snipers, so don't be afraid to push into enemy-controlled areas.

-Don't travel alone. Your enemies won't, and even if you or your teammate dies, you can collect their tags crest and deny the enemy the score (and you can turn it around on them).

-Because of the required mobility, Auto Rifles, hand cannons, and Shotguns are king, but if you want to snipe, be sure to coordinate with your team so that you have runners picking up your drops. But yeah, since you have to push towards enemies to grab their crests, shotguns and fusion rifles are the go-to special weapons, followed by sidearms.

-Use crests as bait. Enemies will often rush crests on the ground, so you can use them (especially your teammates') to lure them into an ambush. Watch out for enemies doing the same, though (eye on that radar!).

Judging by Cruel's complaint, I feel like Supremacy will be a really fun gametype for the CQB pros (and I mean, I'm the CQB guy here, heh...)

Supremacy sucks

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 13:03 (2834 days ago) @ Korny

I hate CoD Multiplayer with a passion. However, I always enjoyed Kill Confirm as a gametype. I'm actually looking forward to trying this out.

Supremacy sucks

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 13:17 (2834 days ago) @ unoudid

I hate CoD Multiplayer with a passion. However, I always enjoyed Kill Confirm as a gametype. I'm actually looking forward to trying this out.

In theory, I love the gametype. It's just the way the gametype combines with the maps and Destiny's sandbox that adds up to a steaming hot pile of trash, IMO ;)

Supremacy sucks

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 13:29 (2834 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

In theory, I love the gametype. It's just the way the gametype combines with the maps and Destiny's sandbox that adds up to a steaming hot pile of trash, IMO ;)

I'll have to report back after giving it a shot.

Agreed

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 16:19 (2834 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

The problem is all my CQB skills are outdone by the stupid shotguns. In normal crucible this isn't as big of a deal because people aren't running shotguns as their primary as often. Usually I can get close enough before someone even thinks to pull out a shotgun. Alas, in this gametype everyone expects to be in close quarters all the time so they always have their shotguns out. The matches where I did the best were the ones where the map was open enough for me to keep everyone at range. Then just take them out and only move in when it looked safe. Even then it wasn't very fun but maybe it would be better with a big group.

New Dead Orbit shotgun is fantastic.

by ProbablyLast, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 13:11 (2834 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Might even be better than the quest conspiracy theory D, but I don't care enough to run tests.

I'm just happy to have a game mode that isn't a bunch of dudes using snipers.

New Dead Orbit shotgun is fantastic.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 13:17 (2834 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

Might even be better than the quest conspiracy theory D, but I don't care enough to run tests.

I'm just happy to have a game mode that isn't a bunch of dudes using snipers.

Yep. I feel like I have a much better chance at confronting my enemies if they have a shotgun than a sniper.

I like it.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 13:27 (2834 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I've only played the rumble version though. It's very mobile. I like sneaking around and stealing crests. The crests also help pinpoint where enemies are going to be. I was doing pretty well tossing tripmines near crests before enemies could get to them. The only thing that sucks for me is trading kills and then watching someone else pick up both crests.

Haven't tried rumble Supremacy, I might like it better.

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 16:20 (2834 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Did it once, I really liked it. Encourages being aggressive

by slycrel ⌂, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 13:14 (2833 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

- No text -

Tried RumbleSup last night...

by squidnh3, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 13:27 (2833 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Played exactly like regular rumble, except if you trade kills, someone else randomly gets 2 points.

To each their own

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 15:26 (2834 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I much prefer this over the sniper-fest that is Trials.

A bunch of us played together last night and had a great time. If you don't run with a shotgun, keep your distance, stick with a friend (do this all the time anyways) and get teamshots. Also, don't run into an open area to grab a crest if you're just going to die and give up your own crest.

To each their own

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 16:22 (2834 days ago) @ breitzen

The thing I like about Trials/Elimination is you have to play more carefully. The part I don't really like is that snipers are too dominant in those game modes. I'm hoping with the new sniper nerfs that I'll have a better chance against snipers since you can knock their view around much more.

I'm actually excited about Trials

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 17:15 (2834 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

The sniper changes make me optimistic about my chances in Trials!

Played one match last night...

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 15:51 (2834 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

... and absolutely wrecked house. I forget that I'm a decent shotgunner when I play that way, I just think it's kind of a cheaper way to play, honestly.

It's weird, I'll get 10 more kills in a match when I use a shotgun, but I honestly feel worse about it because it doesn't "feel" like it requires as much skill as getting a head shot with a sniper rifle.

To me, shotguns make the game fast, since you have to constantly move and close in on your target, but speed isn't what excites me about Crucible. I'd rather out duel someone, or out snipe someone, than just chase and shotgun people.

Supremacy sucks

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 17:05 (2834 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I like it, but I like game types where aiming is secondary. :)

Loved me some King of the Hill back in the day.

Preach, I love me some objectives

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, September 23, 2016, 11:18 (2833 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

I'm really enjoying wrecking shotgunners

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 13:29 (2833 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Ok, you're running right at me? I guess I'll just use my fusion rifle while you try and get into range.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, September 22, 2016, 13:48 (2833 days ago) @ Xenos

Ok, you're running right at me? I guess I'll just use my fusion rifle while you try and get into range.

This is exactly what I hope to do when I try out supremacy (or whatever it's called).

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 13:52 (2833 days ago) @ dogcow

This is exactly what I hope to do when I try out supremacy (or whatever it's called).

My problem is that a fusion rifle doesn't cut it when you have 2 or 3 shotgun-wielding enemies storming towards at the same time. I'll often kill 1 of them, then gen blasted before I have time to kill another or retreat. They deny their fallen teammate's orb, and capture mine. Happened to me non-stop on tuesday night.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 13:53 (2833 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

My problem is that a fusion rifle doesn't cut it when you have 2 or 3 shotgun-wielding enemies storming towards at the same time. I'll often kill 1 of them, then gen blasted before I have time to kill another or retreat. They deny their fallen teammate's orb, and capture mine. Happened to me non-stop on tuesday night.

It sounds like you are playing 1v3. Have you considered someone watching your back?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 16:08 (2833 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

It sounds like you are playing 1v3. Have you considered someone watching your back?

Yep, no matter what gun you're using, you'd still get overrun in that situation.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 16:22 (2833 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I have certainly considered it. My teammates, on the other hand, seem to have a knack for setting up great defensive positions with me, then bailing for no reason as soon as the fighting starts. So many people seem to spend their time aimlessly running around maps, or throwing themselves into the same death-pit choke points over and over and over. Really, I just need to try playing with friends instead of randos :)

+1

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 16:31 (2833 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I find in general, very few people understand the benefit of holding a position and forcing your opponent to come to you in the way you dictate.

Although to be fair, one of the challenges of doing this is the fact that there are room clearing supers. StormCaller, SunBreaker, NovaBomb, maybe BladeDancer (but is much weaker than the other three).

But honestly, holing up someplace that forces a choke point on the opponent is fantastic strategy if you can get multiple teammates to stick to it. In my experience, ain't never gonna happen. People love to run around and jump to much to play with strategic intent.

Played two matches

by ProbablyLast, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 15:34 (2833 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Easily the most enjoyable crucible mode I've played since Y1. We got the one new Venus map and the entire match was just us and the enemy team running into the same middle room and slaughtering each other. Many lulz.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread