First Purchases in Rise of Iron? (Destiny)

by TheeChaos @, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 14:04 (2825 days ago)

Like many of you, I spent my time checking out the new vendor gear. I actually did not buy any gear until after completing the main quest after what happened during Taken King release (bought a weapon then got the better quest variant 15 minutes later.

After weighing the weapons on my own, without any internet influence, I went with the Angel's Advocate. Really amazing MIDA-type scout Rifle with Outlaw, Explosive Rounds or Smallbore, and Reactive reload. The sights on it are decent as well which is a big plus because great perks are useless if you cannot hit anything. The ttk is very quick in PVE and not to be ignored in pvp. With explosive rounds it has a 14 round magazine to compliment Outlaw.

My next purchase may be the Dear Orbit Shotgun Last Ditch 001 because of the range rolls and rangefinder, as well as a slightly higher RoF than Conspiracy Theory.

What was your first purchase?

Ghost and class item. Because I was...

by slycrel ⌂, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 14:16 (2825 days ago) @ TheeChaos

...taking a wait and see approach.

I think I made the wrong choice. But I'll get them all eventually anyhow.

Class item because I'm not maxed out on marks. :)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 14:19 (2825 days ago) @ slycrel

- No text -

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 14:26 (2825 days ago) @ dogcow

You can get a class item for a legendary class item engram and some glimmer at Felwinter's and from Variks. It's a good way to save some marks.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 14:28 (2825 days ago) @ bluerunner

You can get a class item for a legendary class item Ingram and some glimmer at Felwinter's and from Variks. It's a good way to save some marks.

Dangit! Well, I don't have a legendary class item engram anyway. :)

PSA: The speaker sells class items for 60 marks.

by slycrel ⌂, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 14:46 (2825 days ago) @ slycrel

...in addition to the new ones from the Iron Temple.

I found out after I bought a faction one on both. Doh.

350 FWC Ghost

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 14:20 (2825 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I'm more concerned about light level at this point and the 350 ghost was a great start.

Also used a Legendary class item engram and 5k glimmer to get my 350 cloak from the vendor.

At this point I'm using legendary marks to raise my light level and then I'll worry about weapons. The Vanguard scout looked awesome and the DO shotgun looked great as well.

I had a FWC pulse drop from a package that is essentially a Grasp of Malok. mine dropped with high caliber rounds, hammer forged, counterbalance. Not sure what the vendor roll is, but could be a viable option as well.

350 FWC Ghost

by TheeChaos @, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 14:29 (2825 days ago) @ unoudid

I think the Vendor "The Waltz" has worse perks than your drop if I remember correctly. Vendor site is down on Bungie of course. Sounds like a good drop!

Ghost is definitely the correct answer

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 14:35 (2825 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

FYI on ghosts

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 14:37 (2825 days ago) @ unoudid

If you are planning on buying a ghost to infuse into one you already have, the crucible and vanguard ghosts are 25 marks cheaper than the faction ghosts.

Alt Way to get Ghosts

by TheeChaos @, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 14:48 (2825 days ago) @ bluerunner

Also, it requires a little work, but the Rise of Iron Record Book also has items if you haven't noticed. It requires you to complete 6 of the Items in the book, but it should drop at 350 just like the gear the boxes before it dropped the first time.

Some low hanging fruit to shoot for:

1. Complete Main quest.

2. Open 15 chests in Plaguelands (they are EVERYWHERE, just use nightstalker)

3. Recover 15 friendly crests in Supremacy.

4. Collect 30 crests in supremacy.

5. Win 2 crucible Matches in a row.

6. Earn a K/D Ratio of 1.00 or greater in a single Crucible match.

7. Complete 30 patrols in Plaguelands (You should do this when you do your first patrol quest line, the one wanting you to do all the different patrols)

8. Find all 8 Iron Lord artifacts - Havent done this, but its easy enough with the guides im sure

Again, its a little more work than just buying the ghost, but you can do all of the record book stuff in one day (if you played long enough). It takes longer to get the Marks.

Did the same, but with Dead Orbit

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 15:52 (2825 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

Love Angel's Advocate

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 14:28 (2825 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I ran a few strikes with it last night and it was really good. I like that rate of fire and the explosive rounds really did a lot of staggering in groups of enemies. Plus it looks really good.

SGA about the RoI vendor gear at the peak

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 15:36 (2825 days ago) @ TheeChaos

They require some glimmer and an engram to buy. BUT you can't buy an engram from the cryptarch because they automatically decode. So you have to go out and find an appropriate engram to trade in. Pretty annoying.

SGA about the RoI vendor gear at the peak

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 15:39 (2825 days ago) @ Kahzgul

They require some glimmer and an engram to buy. BUT you can't buy an engram from the cryptarch because they automatically decode. So you have to go out and find an appropriate engram to trade in. Pretty annoying.

Yeah... I thought I was bypassing the system with the cryptarch. Instead she might as well have started rolling on the ground laughing at me.

Well, Korny finally got his Wail...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 15:52 (2825 days ago) @ TheeChaos
edited by Korny, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 16:32

Like many of you, I spent my time checking out the new vendor gear. I actually did not buy any gear until after completing the main quest after what happened during Taken King release (bought a weapon then got the better quest variant 15 minutes later.

After weighing the weapons on my own, without any internet influence, I went with the Angel's Advocate. Really amazing MIDA-type scout Rifle with Outlaw, Explosive Rounds or Smallbore, and Reactive reload. The sights on it are decent as well which is a big plus because great perks are useless if you cannot hit anything. The ttk is very quick in PVE and not to be ignored in pvp. With explosive rounds it has a 14 round magazine to compliment Outlaw.

My next purchase may be the Dear Orbit Shotgun Last Ditch 001 because of the range rolls and rangefinder, as well as a slightly higher RoF than Conspiracy Theory.

What was your first purchase?

I didn't have enough marks to buy anything, but I had edged FWC enough for a weapon drop, and got a 348 Hand Cannon "The Wail". It feels just like a Devil You Know, but has Triple Tap, Reactive Reload, and Hammer Forged/Smallbore.
Pretty dang satisfying to use, but also slightly depressing, because... well, you know.

Can't wait for the reset so that I can buy New Monarchy's Sahara-class Auto Rifle.

Raku Poltergeist 2.0 Hunter Helmet

by Robot Chickens, Friday, September 23, 2016, 16:20 (2823 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I was so excited to see a Year 3 version of my favorite Year 1 helmet:

Year 1

[image]

Year 3

[image]

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread