So, Archon's Forge *spoilers?* (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 15:03 (2825 days ago) @ someotherguy

How does it work exactly? Ive had a bit of a search but everything I find is either a video or a hideously optimised website that crashes my mobile browser.

I found a green key of some kind, but I've no idea how. Are they just random patrol drops like Runes or Skyburner keys?

Yes.

There was also mention of different "purity" levels I think? Are they like different levels of runes in CoO?

Yes.

I realise the expansion's only been out a day, so I dont expect a complete rundown, just bored at work and unable to find any good info.

We did it a few times last night; I got one sublime engram from the first one, but just greens and blues from the others.

At some point a message will appear that says "You will be tested..." or something like that. I've no idea what the damn test is, but after a little more playing the message "Impressive!" appears and then one of the domes will generate 3 axes for you to use. I'm assuming it's a test to see how much dps you can put on the bad guys in X amount of time or whatever.

There are also a few different levels of difficulty for the forge. We did one where the target was shanks and two where it was dregs, all from the green keys. Apparently there are also blue and yellow keys for "harder" bosses.

All in all it was very easy and very quick. Seems like a good spot to farm engrams.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread