Missing Iron Gjallerhorn Sparrow after pre-order from Amazon (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 15:33 (2825 days ago)

Per the ad at the top of the twitch stream:

https://www.twitch.tv/bungie/v/79085832

Pre order and you get both the Iron Gjallerhorn and Iron Gjallerhorn Sparrow. It does say "at participating retailers," but the fine print at the bottom says they're not exclusive to any retailer, which led me (and many others) to believe that any retailer participating in the pre-order sales would also be giving out the bonuses.

I don't generally support pre-orders, but I sure as hell support being honest about what people are buying, and it's infuriating that I and - if the Bungie.net forums are to be believed - so many others who pre-ordered the game from Amazon are not getting the code for the sparrow.

Amazon tech support is awash with contradictory statements, ranging from "not our problem" to "you'll get a code in the next 24 hours" so I don't know what to believe there. Bungie has said nothing at all about it despite the many posts about it on their help forum.

I'd really like some sort of official word on the matter, even if it's just "we're aware of the issue and working on a solution."

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread