Challenge Accepted (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 13:25 (2824 days ago) @ dogcow

Can I just say that climb can induce acrophobia in people not afraid of heights? After repeated times falling down I became literally frighted of falling, I even had a physical reaction while climbing that dang peak (stress... sweaty hands, slightly increased heart rate, etc.). I look forward to actually sherpa-ing friends up that thing. :)

It's amazing... I'm generally ok with heights, but I found myself reacting physically to the climb as well. The higher up I got, the more I found myself laser-focused on the next ledge in front of me. More and more, I was only looking just slightly ahead and slightly above. After a few minutes I realized what was happening. I was afraid to look down. It reminded me of the few times I've spent an afternoon 30 feet up a ladder, painting the front of my parents' house. The only way I could focus on the work at hand was to force myself to forget where I was. Never look down, never look away from the wall right in front of me. Climbing Felwinter Peak brought out similar feelings.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread