Raid launches tomorrow at 10am PST. (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 15:36 (2927 days ago)

Announcement and hype here:

I almost hit play on that. Nooooooope.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 15:39 (2927 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Nope, not watching

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 15:49 (2927 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Spoilers, there is a raid.

by ProbablyLast, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 15:59 (2927 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

I watched it. Looks great :)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 16:20 (2927 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

lol

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 16:25 (2927 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

I watched it. Anyone who complains about spoilers from this (I'm not saying anyone has yet, I'm saying anyone who DOES) is being super-overly-sensitive. It shows short clips that contain (in 100% of the cases) things we've already done. It has voiceover that MIGHT suggest a starting context - but I'm pretty sure most of the dialogue is going to come in the opening cutscene, which can really only be considered a spoiler if you're planning on spending time trying to analyze it. (Spoilers, for me, are content out of order - seeing something before it's presented in the context of the final product. By that definition, the opening cutscene CANNOT be considered a spoiler, since you're going to watch that first no matter what. I suppose an argument can be made that watching it online before you're immersed in the raid ruins the feeling of newness when you DO get into the raid... but I'm not willing to go that far, personally.)

Eh. It's a fine hype piece. I'm excited to play. I don't feel like I was shown anything I haven't already seen. (And yes, I've seen the arguments about the earlier clips in the vidoc - some of which are included here, again - and how they can be construed as spoilers, and I didn't agree with those arguments either. ;) )

Now I just gotta get my light level up to 360 by next Saturday. :)

Watched it, wouldn't consider anything spoilers

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 17:12 (2927 days ago) @ Korny

Possibly a bit of intro dialog, but everything else is really just generic combat and a couple of clips that hint at the experience. It's not spoiling any mechanics which is what most people are worried about.

No spoilers?? why watch it then?

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 17:14 (2927 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

- No text -

Doesn't look spoilery

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, September 23, 2016, 02:43 (2926 days ago) @ Korny

Still, I'm sure over-analyzing it will indeed prove to be spoilery.

Snape killed somebody

by Avateur @, Friday, September 23, 2016, 03:07 (2926 days ago) @ Korny

lol spoiler or something

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread