lol (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 16:25 (2833 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

I watched it. Anyone who complains about spoilers from this (I'm not saying anyone has yet, I'm saying anyone who DOES) is being super-overly-sensitive. It shows short clips that contain (in 100% of the cases) things we've already done. It has voiceover that MIGHT suggest a starting context - but I'm pretty sure most of the dialogue is going to come in the opening cutscene, which can really only be considered a spoiler if you're planning on spending time trying to analyze it. (Spoilers, for me, are content out of order - seeing something before it's presented in the context of the final product. By that definition, the opening cutscene CANNOT be considered a spoiler, since you're going to watch that first no matter what. I suppose an argument can be made that watching it online before you're immersed in the raid ruins the feeling of newness when you DO get into the raid... but I'm not willing to go that far, personally.)

Eh. It's a fine hype piece. I'm excited to play. I don't feel like I was shown anything I haven't already seen. (And yes, I've seen the arguments about the earlier clips in the vidoc - some of which are included here, again - and how they can be construed as spoilers, and I didn't agree with those arguments either. ;) )

Now I just gotta get my light level up to 360 by next Saturday. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread