HBO Mountain Bash 2014 PRELIMINARY SIGNUPS

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Monday, July 15, 2013, 17:35 (3940 days ago)

*** cross-posted from HBO ***

Looking at my Gucci, it's about that time.

[image]

TL;DR for the initiated:
- The HBO Mountain Bash will be happening again
- January 17-20 (MLK weekend), 2014
- Around Salt Lake City, UT (specific location TBD)
- If you're interested, email schoolyd@teamschoolyd.org (no commitment required yet, just gathering interest/opinions)

The HBO Mountain Bash is a gathering of attractive and successful HBOers (now including DBOers too!) in a snowy locale for food, fun, video games, winter sports, and Shrek 2. We have only done this once before... and it was badass.

2013 write-ups: Tex, Avateur/Znite

Here's a brief recap of only a fraction of the activities from last year:
- snowboarding/skiing
- Shrek 2
- stealth recording of the upcoming TV series Hangin' with KP
- snow fort building
- sledding
- dogsitting
- snowmob- er, chess
- Taco Time
- beer
- steak
- enchiladas
- Secret Santa
- Halo
- Sonic Racing
- hot tubbing
- short cutting
- a good, solid 30 minutes of laughing at people who didn't go

We're still a long ways out from when this thing is actually happening. But there's a considerable amount of planning involved in something like this both on my end and on yours. So I'm posting this post to (1) get a ballpark estimate of how many people we should be expecting, and (2) give super advance notice to people about this event so they can plan and budget for it.

This thing can get expensive. We will try to get a reasonably-priced cabin to use, but you should be ready to spend $225-ish for your share of the cabin, plus a few bucks for food and skiing/boarding equipment (if you choose to hit the slopes -- most people stayed behind last time).

There are a few people in the Seattle area who might be driving down to Salt Lake. If you're on the way and can't/don't want to buy a plane ticket, you might have ground-based options. Let me know if that's the case.

This cabin is the current front-runner (~$900/night)
This is the cabin we used last time -- it was great and remains on deck (~$330/night)

If you are interested in attending, email me at schoolyd@teamschoolyd.org . I understand that no one can commit right now, but if you'd like to be a part of the discussion, hit me up. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, except for the people who went last time. For them it's a twice in a lifetime opportunity. Unless there's one next year and they're planning on going to that also. In which case they're a straight up baller and command your respect

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread