Fun Easter Egg - Part Deux (Last Exit) (Destiny)

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Monday, October 03, 2016, 22:31 (2768 days ago)
edited by Pyromancy, Monday, October 03, 2016, 22:51

Found a cute easter egg in the Buried City on Mars. In the transit station there are a couple signs with scrolling text:

HkhtHukyldHbiylfJvvsplKlylrKyldLaohuQlmmQlyltphoQvzoShyzSlpmTpjrZalclAohkAvkk

[image]

I was playing around with the block to see if it might be a puzzle for another B.net code, but when I did a ROT-19 on it some names materialized:

AdamAndrewAubreyCoolieDerekDrewEthanJeffJeremiahJoshLarsLeifMickSteveThadTodd

Coolie (Calahan), Derek (Carroll), and Lars (Bakken) are all names that come to mind, so I'm wondering if these names belong to a specific team at Bungie.

Anyway, had fun figuring that out. :)

A few years ago Beorn decoded a really cool Easter Egg found in OWT's Freehold Station (Mars). The scrolling text string appearing on the screen was encoded (ROT-19) with some of the Bungie Employees names from what I believe are teams including World Art Team, Lighting Team, and Design/PvP Design Teams.
The sign is displayed in the story campaign, but also showed up in PvP on a couple of maps, including on a blown up bus.

Supremacy just released with a new map (Last Exit). The setting appears to be an OWT transit station on Venus. There is another appearance of the same/similar sign, but with a new string of text characters on it! I was playing a Live match and when I saw it above me, I stopped dead in my tracks to look up at it. It resulted in me being killed by an opponent very quickly. Putting on a private match right after that game did the trick though. The scrolling text sign is in the train stations "main entrance" on the right of the image below, under the big OWT sign.

[image]

The string looks more complicated this time around? Over the past few days I have not had any luck trying to decode it. Since it includes special characters (@ + \ , / ). I had wondered about a QWERTY keyboard cipher, or a ROT, expanded with all the ASCII/Unicode characters? Also the periodic \ remind me of word breaks in Morse code

( +9-7!!/@ 2enr?hqj+r,r+c?)j?96exd.\?i 7kj\psq3euj\@x.yt5 ,33szl'!

The red characters are questionable and I am not sure about my transcription of them.

---Edit---
Someone pointed out that somebody posted this before I could. They had a photo though at least.

[image]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread