PSVR doesn't look so good . . . (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, October 05, 2016, 21:36 (2763 days ago)

The reviews are coming out, and while it's getting a pretty good score in general, there are reports that are less than encouraging.

In particular, Giant Bomb did a 5 hour live stream of PS VR and launch games. It seems to suffer from "jitter," in which, even when the player is completely stationary, the image shakes and shudders. Other places (Austin Walker from Vice Gaming, for one) report the same or similar issues. One place reported that getting a replacement unit fixed the issue. Giant Bomb, apparently, tried on different headsets in multiple rooms at multiple distances from the camera (one suspected cause of the issue was being too far away from the camera) and still had the same issue.

I was optimistic for this (and still am, if these issues can be traced down and fixed), but it has given me pause, to the point that I don't think I'm going to go wait in line and try to secure one at midnight.

The other obvious issue is the lack of interesting things for it. There are a few cool look experiences, but I'm not going to drop $500 bucks on a device that looks to have 10 or less hours of worthwhile content. There's just not enough there to justify the purchase, yet. Hopefully it happens soon. I've tried VR, and I'm sold on the concept--I just need there to be enough content to justify throwing down so much money.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread